Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Someone plz ESP & SRS HELP!

REDRUM-6L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 VE SS 6 Spd redline
I tried searching this site and a load of others with no luck.

situation: Ok long story short, I got “provoked” into dropping gears and teaching a sti gronk what a ve rear end looks like in the distance in front of him, but in heat if the moment I forgot too take traction control off. That’s when it started. Abs/fault on dash n bla bla.... my car doesn’t stop unless that warning comes on. I don’t know how to explain it. When I apply the brake it won’t stop, instead it starts too jolt and the peddle literally pushes my foot back off no matter how much pressure I apply. It’s like the discs are glazed which they where not, changed the pads still no fix. Anyone have the similar prob, or at least point me too starting line.

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
I tried searching this site and a load of others with no luck.

situation: Ok long story short, I got “provoked” into dropping gears and teaching a sti gronk what a ve rear end looks like in the distance in front of him, but in heat if the moment I forgot too take traction control off. That’s when it started. Abs/fault on dash n bla bla.... my car doesn’t stop unless that warning comes on. I don’t know how to explain it. When I apply the brake it won’t stop, instead it starts too jolt and the peddle literally pushes my foot back off no matter how much pressure I apply. It’s like the discs are glazed which they where not, changed the pads still no fix. Anyone have the similar prob, or at least point me too starting line.
Have you scanned the car to see what DTCs are logged? If yes, what are they and if no, can you scan it then advise what they are?

Have you also checked basics like fuses?

REDRUM-6L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 VE SS 6 Spd redline
Haven’t scanned it as of yet, well haven’t scanned it with a OBD2 scanner that can give me the code. I’ve literally stripped every part n component that’s gotta do with the abs system, from brakes too even draining the whole system and blowing the lines... on top of doing all this I’ve even taken it too two different mech, I’ve done everything I can think off, except the dreaded visit to lions den, after my last service cost me 2.5k no thanks ( fml 1.8k was for labour). but know it’s kinda getting too a point where someone could get hurt or worst car gets hurt. DTC codes I’ll upload in couple of days.

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
What did the 2 mechanics say?

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few hours?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
how did you do an abs bleed without a scan tool
have you checked the wiring to the rear abs sensors as it is a common fail point
what you are describing is the abs applying at every breaking which sounds like a failed sensor or wiring
you need a scan tool with live data

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
The first thing should of been to get it scanned, with a real Diagnostic Tool, not a toy one before touching anything,
Then you will have an accurate starting point.
If you still have it in bits, put everything back the was its should be,
Disconnect the actual ABS unit and road test it, to see if it still pulses when you apply the brakes.

With reading your comments above,
I would start with the actual ABS unit or sensors [could of cooked them], however, I could be wrong,
but sounds like a common denominator.
A scan will indicate your ABS DTC's.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Provoked? Gronk :oops:

I’d say the lesson isn’t to show someone what your rear end looks like but rather that it’s better to correctly assess an issue before pulling things apart and creating unnecessary work and cost.

Your cars issue is almost certainly an electronic one, so new fluid, pads, etc wouldn’t have been needed and in fact didn’t do much of anything as you found out. Live and learn I guess :)

Best to get the car scanned as the DTCs will give some idea of what’s going on. The DTC may be cryptic but often a great pointer to the real issue. As has been said, the rear ABS loom is a known failure point.

Sort of reminds me of a targa Tasmania where a GTR went into the scrub because a twig they ran over knocked the wire out of the abs sensor on one (rear) side. ABS/ESC went crazy and threw the car into the scrub... In this case it was a planned race event, they had a roll cage, the safety crew were there immediately to aid them... Playing boy racer on a public road is nowhere near as safe :eek:o_O

REDRUM-6L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 VE SS 6 Spd redline
Ok just for starters I didn’t say anything about pulling it apart. I’m not that much of a door knob, also both mechanics told me to get them the code n find out what the code relates to then they’ll fix it. I didn’t book it in just for that reason this was during pink slip inspection (oh well after he printed my pink slip out I asked him ), I understand completely where everyone’s coming from about getting it scanned it even got to a stage where I was going to by a scanner, if I could find one that does half of what they say it does for a Holden.
I just thought that I’d put it out thier thinking maybe someone has had the same or similar prob.

Going to get it scanned sometime this week. Hopefully.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Ok just for starters I didn’t say anything about pulling it apart.
You did say the following:
I’ve literally stripped every part n component that’s gotta do with the abs system, from brakes too even draining the whole system and blowing the lines...
I’d call than pulling apart ;)
I’m not that much of a door knob, also both mechanics told me to get them the code n find out what the code relates to then they’ll fix it. I didn’t book it in just for that reason this was during pink slip inspection (oh well after he printed my pink slip out I asked him ), I understand completely where everyone’s coming from about getting it scanned it even got to a stage where I was going to by a scanner, if I could find one that does half of what they say it does for a Holden.
I just thought that I’d put it out thier thinking maybe someone has had the same or similar prob.

Going to get it scanned sometime this week. Hopefully.
Didn’t mean to imply you are a boor knob because of how you approached the fault with your vehicle. As to your road manners and behaviour... your words may be appropriate :p

Seriously, the take on my post should be not to jump to conclusions about what a problem may be. And the forum can help gain knowledge and thus avoid the desire to jump into unnecessary repairs without having all the facts ;)

The other take, more importantly, should be to behave appropriately on our shared resource being that they are the roads we all use. After all, it’s your legal responsibility.

In any case, getting back to cars, I hope you get the fault codes and let us know what they are. Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers :)