Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] something a little different??

Dusty_vs

your resident mechanic
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 vs excecutive sedan
yeh i found the meziere jobbies... thats just the thing though its a direct bolt in replacement. it bolts to the stock water pump position on the stock timing case cover.

thing is though... if im gonna run the timing belt, the timing case cover isnt going to be there.. and the belt will be exposed. therefore i need a water pump that will clear the timing belt. i could run a davies craig system with thermos and a temp switch. but i like the look of the ones as shown in the picture above

Dusty_vs

your resident mechanic
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 vs excecutive sedan
how illegal is it to run a dry sump on a registered street car though? if at all? lol

Blakvsexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0L VS EXECUTIVE
Sounds like you already got all the answers you figure it out.
Again
what a waste of everything, spend thousands on a dry sump setup, custom timing belt setup, custom water pump all just to do the same kob as all the factory gear does right now, you wont be making anymore power................................ :)

Dusty_vs

your resident mechanic
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 vs excecutive sedan
i realise that it won't make much more power by doing all this... So why do i wanna do it? Cos i can. I wanna eventually build a blown stroker with crazy boost running E85 all day and if i'm building a crazy race engine i wanna put all the bells and whistles on it too... Then open the bonnet and just say... wow