Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Something for you VE blokes

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
You don't understand what "Stance" is from your post...

I understand stance . I just think that this one in particular doesn't say stance to me. Just looks like a dumped ss that's all.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
I understand stance . I just think that this one in particular doesn't say stance to me. Just looks like a dumped ss that's all.

stance isnt all about having huge camber and mega low offsets

stance is about making the car come together as a package. this car has it all. it might only be a drop and a set of wheels that fits damn near perfect, but it does it all right

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
stance isnt all about having huge camber and mega low offsets

stance is about making the car come together as a package. this car has it all. it might only be a drop and a set of wheels that fits damn near perfect, but it does it all right

I never said it was bad. just that it doesn't make me say wow that's all nothing less nothing more.

ms_enj

Geek girls are sexy...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega 60th Anniversary
Not really my cup of tea, but I don't get the whole "stanced" scene at all.

To my eyes, it's too low (I like a drop that keeps the arches evenly spaced all around the wheels), the wheels stick out too far, and the tyre stretch just looks wrong.

I mean, kudos to the guy if he likes it, but it just ain't my thang.

PROBLEM?

umadbro?
Reaction score
Members Ride
commo
looks good to me,better then these new 4wd wheels they come out with from factory....

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
There's obviously a lack of knowledge of what " stance works " is all about. That's subtle enough to blend in, but get a FARK YEH! from those who know. Nice work Hozy.

You're assuming I don't have an understanding of what it's all about simply because I think it's too low. Perhaps I should have elaborated more. I think a Commodore that low looks ****! That doesn't mean I don't understand the goal behind what they're doing.

Not really my cup of tea, but I don't get the whole "stanced" scene at all.

To my eyes, it's too low (I like a drop that keeps the arches evenly spaced all around the wheels), the wheels stick out too far, and the tyre stretch just looks wrong.

I mean, kudos to the guy if he likes it, but it just ain't my thang.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :D

better then these new 4wd wheels they come out with from factory....

No VE has ever left the factory with 4WD wheels.

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Looks all well and dandy but you would need either an SV6 or SS to achieve that look..

Plus not all of us can afford coil-overs.

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
I think the guy driving it should be dressed up like a clown with the red nose, curly hair etc then it would look complete

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
Love the look/stance. Love the wheels too. But, I actually think it looks a bit too low but each to their own. I reckon it would look more in proportion if it was a bit higher. Wouldn't lose anything in its "stance".

As far as practicality goes, which is a different matter - I had my Calais sedan almost but not quite that low for awhile. No good with a full load on, or for speed humps and steep car park entrances so took the height up a bit. This wagon would be even worse because of the body kit.