Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sony DVD XAV-W1 HU in VY Executive

VYCamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive Series II
Hey All,
I have just finished installing my New Sony DVD XAV-W1 Head Unit into the stock soundsystem of my VY Series 2, my problem is that every time i switch the car off, the HeadUnit loses all its settings except for the security code.... I have double and triple checked my connections to the ISO harness and there appears to be nothing out of place, with all connections properly secured,
Other than that i have been really impressed by the quality of the head unit :yeah:
Any Ideas???
Cheers,
Cam

Attachments

• P260209_08.12[01].jpg
    P260209_08.12[01].jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 5,126

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
lol, its a vy, the power and accesories wires need to be swapped. holden had the smart idea to have them different to ISO wiring

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Nice choice of unit! It is a really good unit! In fact, i've got one sitting here in my room for when i do get some time to install in my VY! So much you can do with them! :D

Have you hooked up the steering wheel paddle to the head unit?

And to your question, hakhawk's is the answer!

VYCamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive Series II
Haha, ah ok, well i need to take it out to put my antenna adapter in anyways, thanks heaps for such a quick response mate :bow:

VYCamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive Series II
Cheers alien :thumbsup:,
Hmmmm no i wasnt aware that it was possible to do so, any chance you could enlighten me lol, then i can mess around with it when i take it out,
Thnx

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
VYCamo, it's possible if you buy a CAT. It's not possible out of the box. I'll HOPEFULLY soon have a device to convert the paddles to what Sony understands!

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Actually, today at uni i had a lot of free time and i got to thinking....

Got a quick question, is your new head unit able to switched on when the keys out of the igntion? Or not? I know with the standard ones you just have to press On and they work without a key or accesories for i think 5 minutes... depending. Once my radio was on for 30 minutes before i went out to switch it off!

If not i was thinking of making a circuit to give it power for 5 minutes or so power from the moment you push a button! :p

VYCamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive Series II
Nice idea :thumbsup:, at the moment, the keys have to be in with the car in at least acess for the h/u to have power, think it must be something to do with the loom that the stock radio connections are hooked up to, just picked up a sony cd stacker off ebay too, bargain at about $40 including freight, even tho i dont need it with my ipod in my glovebox haha

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
OK, well, looks like i'll probably be designing the circuit tomorrow in a boring class... along with fixing my Microsoft Outlook which is playing up! :D This circuit should be easy! :) I know people would be interested, i use this function quite a BIT!