Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sony Or Pioneer.

VY.abercrombie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S soon to be SS
cheers ben, sounds like my car will be having a touch screen very soon :) one more question, how much should i expect to pay for something like this ?

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
ive always run sony. no matter what my budget. like most brands they have base model equipment and upscale equpment. the only reason sony has a bad name is because people only buy there cheap stuff.

my mate thought he was all that, forked out for full JL setup and even he admit that my setup blows his away. its all about the setup

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
cheers ben, sounds like my car will be having a touch screen very soon :) one more question, how much should i expect to pay for something like this ?

My unit was worth about $1,200 in JB, when i got it for $900 off ebay.. so scope out the online stores and see what you can find.

Ben

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
i still feel its the same sh*t from the same factory

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Sony's Red "Xplod" series was CRAP...no doubt. Their new range (black stuff) is alot better, and now competes with most of the major brands as far as dollar for dollar goes.

Remember guys, the way a system is installed and what car its installed in will make a HUGE difference to the way a system sounds. You could even get 2 of the exact systems, one installed by an experienced proffesional installer and the other done by the owner....you wouldnt even be able to compare the two when listening.

Ive said this a few times now...installation can make or break a system.

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
If you start running any serious amount of power, Pioneer is **** house. Sony isnt any better, but Pioneer is the king of noise.

I used to run a Pioneer HU in my car. I loved the HU that much that i put up with the crazy noise. But i switched to a sony head unit because it was cheap and still sounded ok.

I run 3600watts @ 1 and 4 ohm to the boot daily with no problems.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
The crazy noise? No noise from my Pioneer head unit other than the music.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
the only noise i had from my pioneer was from the shitty rca outputs they all have but i agree that its all just strait off the line crap. everyone seems to just think having a pioneer sticker on the window is the way to go, i thought the same when i was 16 and didnt no ****.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yep no noise from my Pioneer H/U either.....except when i turn the volume up ;)

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
the only noise i had from my pioneer was from the shitty rca outputs they all have but i agree that its all just strait off the line crap. everyone seems to just think having a pioneer sticker on the window is the way to go, i thought the same when i was 16 and didnt no ****.
Yeah, and once the BLOWN RCA fuse is fixed, there's no noise.