Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sony Or Pioneer.

xxNoblexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Ute V6 Executive Series 1
thanks for that info guys, will definatly help me in choosing the speakers for my beloved

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Define 'good'. ;)

Also I wouldnt mention the term '6x9' around here :whistling
:)

yes most 6 x 9s are crap speakers, designed for the bigger is better mentality novice car audio converts.
However, many dont understand why they exist and their advantages and indeed that very good 6 x9 speakers exist? or have been corrupted with some idea that they are bogan speakers?

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
pionee, sony is baddddddd

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
yes most 6 x 9s are crap speakers, designed for the bigger is better mentality novice car audio converts.
However, many dont understand why they exist and their advantages and indeed that very good 6 x9 speakers exist? or have been corrupted with some idea that they are bogan speakers?

There are definitely advantages to having 6x9s as they are an all in one speaker. There are also some pretty decent ones out there, DD make a good pair I believe. However, one of the main disadvantages is mounting, you're pretty much restricted to the rear shelf unless you hack up your door trims to hell. Another disadvantage is staging, even mounted in the doors itd be very difficult to set up a decent sound stage for the driver compared to being able to place and angle speakers like in a good 2 or 3 way setup.

Even if you manage to set up a set of 6x9s so well that the sq rivals that of a 2 way or 3 way set, what would be the point? It can be achieved so much easier with 2 way and 3 way!

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Bezz you just mentioned the term 6x9 !!:bang:haha, but yeah there are decent 6x9's out there. Alpine Type r's, DD as bezz mentioned, even my Kicker's, which i purchased for $180, they kick out 100watt RMS each, i feed them 150 each and they go pretty loud. SQ is a another thing though:whistling

Trent1291

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S Pack
you have to go pioneer over sony, sony make cheap shitty audio units and speakers... pioneer really pull through and are good quality...