Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sony Subs

94VRCOMMO

Wats up people

i currently have a vr exec commo and in the boot i have 2 x 12inch Sony Explod Subs in individual custom boxes running of a kicker 850watt amp. I was wonder if anyone knows the best way to get the boot lid rattle(vibrations) rid of. is it deadening or silcone or what? any inputs would be great.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
eg dynamat, just to clarify

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
For large rattles you use foam, silicon, etc to stop the items hitting each other. Deadener, like Dynamat, is used to dampen resonances which is when the metal vibrates in time with the music.

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Are you on a budget? Your looking at setting yourself back a few hundred to use dynamat throughout your boot. As others have said, there's lots of small tricks that will often get rid of your rattle problems though. Double sided tape on the number plate sounds good and cheap, i used dynamat on the back of it and between it and it's frame so that it's not rattling up against bare metal and has worked a treat. Expander foam is another thing you can use, no personal experience with it though sorry.

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
if your on a budget do what i did paint on tar deadener you just cover it any way for 30 bucks i did my whole boot and lid. no more rattles n for the little annoyind ones that cant be seen cardboard, eg. boot popper solonoid.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Hey Does anyone have a tip to stop ur Parcel Shelf n Bak Plastic window surround rattling ive managed to stop me boot n garnish rattles but not the onse on the inside.....ive tried glueing the two pieces of the window surround but no luck still rattles....was thinking of puttin a bit of MDF under the shelf to give it a bit more wieght to stop it movin but i dunno how this will work out..cheers any help appriecated....Thanks

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
identify and points of contact between the carpeted shelf and the metal underneith and then put some foam on any of those points. easy to do and remove, while being cheap.