Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sony Xplod

D

dale-

Hey guys, Sony Xplod sound systems have been around for a while now, and yet no one really speaks of them. Sony's products have normally always been top standard in everything they do, yet when people talk of car stereo's it's always Pioneer, Alpine etc. in the reccomendations. Is there a reason for this? What makes Sony fall below the competitors?

R

Robbie

Hi Dale,

I have a personal love for Pioneer, it was my first real system and I really trust them... I have never had a problem with them.... To my knowledge they have a "better" Amp in them being the Mosfett.... I don't know if Son's products are as good or not but personally i don't see them asa real "car audio" brand... i think they are more into electronics and home systems....

The only other gripe I have with them is they seem to be always senn in the low price deals that wholesalers have which are not always trusted.. I just get a bit of a bad vibe from them.... once again the quality of the gear may be just fine...

But that's just my 2 cents,

Cheers,

Robbie

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
I've just installed Sony Xplods into my car and they're pretty good combined with the Kenwood head unit. My only gripe is that the rears (6" x 9") are running off the head unit, they will push out much better sound although it is pretty sweet now as it is. Just not sure what amp i would go with though, friend of mine said make sure it is bridged.

Andy

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
This shocked me when a good mate told me this but this is what he told me

sony explode isn't geniune sony someone pays to use the name and imports subs from mayalisa (forgive my spelling mistake) throughs on a sony explode sticker on it and away it goes, i am not sure with the rest of the stuff and that infomation come from a guy that worked at strathfield. scary **** aye

cheers

scott

p.s my personal choice in car audio if fusion!!

R

Robbie

Hi scott,

You know that really doesn't surprise me... it actually rings a bell... it really makes you wonder though... Why does Sony6 want to put it's name to a second rate product??

Cheers,

Robbie

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
They are definately accustomed to doing it Rob, Sony just isnt the name it used to be. I believe the xplod rumour as I've heard similar rumours about Sony's home electronics range. Using 'very' second-rate component parts, in one instance the parts were identical to Teac's product that had a $100 cheaper rrp.

Jake.

R

Robbie

For F@#%'s sake... Is thee anyone else doing it?? I ave always bought Pioneer.... It makes me feel a little better with my choice now...

hey Scott,

What's this fusion stuff like??

Cheers,

Robbie

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Working for Home entertainment distributors I can guarantee you that Sony is not the brand they used to be.
Most problems, least customer service and all their repair agents have month long waiting lists because Sony will not give them more resources or time.

Pioneer are the way to go, they build quality units usually mostly quality components still... but don't hold your breathe.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
QUOTE Working for Home entertainment distributors

How many jobs do you have Maniac

Jake.

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
I have three jobs, two of which are casual yet they are better than the part time one.
If u ever need advice on home ent or office stuff leave us a PM.