Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sony Xplod

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
haha will do

No pun intended about the jobs either Just something I noticed

Keep it up

Jake.

R

Robbie

What is it with you damn work a holics??

I can't keep myself motivated for one job

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
ive always been a fan of sony but you all have now made me think twice. ive been looking at getting another amp for my front speakers (cos it just aint loud enough) and i was looking at sony. might see if i can pick up an alpine amp at summernats for a good price.

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Good amp??
get a aKICKER!!!
Please don't get a sony or audioline.
They have alright sound but will produce NO bass and will distort at high volumes... yuk.
Also I love to work because i need the money to live, one of my jobs is being in a band so that's more of a hobby that pays really..??

G

Grantis1976

As I've metioned before, I dont claim to b an expert, just know what I've seen and used.
I think everyone finds there own favorite brand. I have always had a soft spot for Kenwood. I had a $600 system 8 yrs ago that had no trouble drowning out the big block, but then again, a pioneer, jvc, alpine, clarion could have done the same.

I think at the end of the day, it all comes down to personal tastes, $$$ in pocket/credit, and trying not to get screwed over into paying for a name!
Good Luck !!!

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Just get what you know and trust

I started my days with an old alpine head unit and 2 6" coaxials.
Moved on from there to an MTX amp that in my opinion is a brand that I like also. Anyway, to cut a long story short I've now got 2 12" Fusion subs and 1 Fusion amp. All the fusion gear has been brilliant for me, however I've also seen some really really poor stuff being put out by them.

Pioneer is a name that always come to mind. But back to xplodes. I've heard rumours that Xplod is what they actually do don't take my word on it though.
A mate of mine went through 2 xplod head units in no time. For no reason.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
how exactly do you 'go through a deck'? do they just blow up so to speak? or are they just ****?
i cant say ive ever had problems with sony. ive got the same deck from 3 - 4 years ago and its still tip-top

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
They basically just failed on him, not sure what happened but it was the type that has the black face when closed - two silver knobs when opened. Was working fine one day and next I heard he got it replaced.

Mind you the same guy has gone through 3 sets of 6x9's so he might have issues going on with his electrics

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
I had a Sony 40X4 CD player in my VR commodore.. It was a bitch to wire up. Had to call holden for the wiring codes. I also had Xplod speakers which I haev to say were pretty crap. I like to listen to my music loud and I shattered the cone on a 6"9 in the rear parcel shelf and now it had this weird vibrating noise. I'd stick to your better brand speakers. These ones have the name but are pretty cheap.

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
About the whole "fake" thing with sony "explod", which can be seen on ebay, they are just cheap rip off's. make sure your buyiing "sony xplod" not "xplod", "explod". Trust me l know as l hear all this stuff from the sony rep from work (harvey norman).

And as for sony's products its self, l have my setup just sony, sony headunit (cdx-CA900) and components for the front, two 6x9's for the back and two ten incher subs in the boot and l have no grip at all. Price wise, sony may be that little bit more expensive but l like the look of their gear so l guess it comes down to personal preference.