Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Soop's SS

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
do you know my favourite part of your post soop??

how you actually wrote the diff ratio correctly. not 3:9:1 or 3:9.

it drives me insane. thats a fairly sizeable stall.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Well I don't have a six wheeler and 3:9 isn't all that much different to stock :D.

Its not that big, not once you consider where the average/peak torque is made with an LS1. Especially after a decent cam is used.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Myself and the Mrs got out and gave the SS a Polish today. Not the greatest job, need better products.
Here are some pictures.

Before:

S7300612.jpg

S7300611.jpg

After:
12.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Any comments one what I can do to make it look better are welcome.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Stance is good mate, she looks good as is...just needs the tough as #### motor and your set...

Get some HSV gauges above the A/C vents? Leather interior? HSV white faced cluster?

You know what bugs me about VY/VZ's though, on the rear bumper, that bit at the bottom which surrounds the tow bar/centrepiece is matte plastic...shits me to tears, smooth it off/fiberglass it and spray it? Just a thought?

Chrome strips either side of the Front Lion badge?

7th pic from the bottom looks shithot!

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
looks good soop. Was it a hand polish or with a polisher? Had mine done recently and i bet you the pics dont do it just justice mate!

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
We just did it by hand with some elcheapo polish from woolies. Used some of Bubba's arse wraps to do it.

Hama, I've considered getting the HSV gauge binacle to run an Oil pressure and Oil temp guage. But the SS dash will stay, I dislike HSV guage clusters in other cars as much as I dislike HSV bars on other cars.

As for the rear bar insert. I need another one as my current one is broken, it looks bunky as hell. So perhaps when I find one of them (Not easy thus far I tell you.) I'll get it painted, which will smooth it and give it some gloss.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
We just did it by hand with some elcheapo polish from woolies. Used some of Bubba's arse wraps to do it.

Hama, I've considered getting the HSV gauge binacle to run an Oil pressure and Oil temp guage. But the SS dash will stay, I dislike HSV guage clusters in other cars as much as I dislike HSV bars on other cars.

As for the rear bar insert. I need another one as my current one is broken, it looks bunky as hell. So perhaps when I find one of them (Not easy thus far I tell you.) I'll get it painted, which will smooth it and give it some gloss.

Yeah the binnacle, that's the word! Thanks pal.

Yeah as do I mate, HSV gear belongs on HSV's, I dunno, somehow I like the white facing on the VY/VZ Clusters...the Red SS one is good, silver one doesn't really turn me on much. I was more meaning a white facing, not a whole new HSV inlayed cluster, but it's probably a bit much effort for something so trivial haha.

Sweet man, I dunno why they did it, matte plastic looks like arse especially when it's on two contrasting colours, like Silver body, white body, red body with black insert.... :spew:

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Its because they're two seperate parts, and it meant that they could have all the bars sprayed else where and just have the insert fitted as they were going on the car. All dollars and cents my friend.
I don't know If I would go gloss black or Quicksilver to match the bar.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Is it just me or does the rear door look a different colour in some pics.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Its because they're two seperate parts, and it meant that they could have all the bars sprayed else where and just have the insert fitted as they were going on the car. All dollars and cents my friend.
I don't know If I would go gloss black or Quicksilver to match the bar.

Gloss black wouldn't look too bad, it's just the Matte finish which irks me...

Does make sense, cutting costs everywhere possible, just a dodgy one in this case haha!