Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sorry guys, just another VS wheel hub drama

VS RB30E(T)

Project 'VS3.0'
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VS Berlina 3.8L
Big hey to all,

I'm only new to the site and have a problem with both the front hubs on my VS series 1 Berlina V6. My mechanic has told me that the bearings are fragged and that they are a one piece unit.

The car has ABS but is NOT IRS.

After having a look early today I can see the hex/allen screws on the back of the hub that I have been told can be pulled to remove the hub, but the mechanic said the ABS model shouldn't have these, however mine does and it's ABS.

If someone has the time to just post a quick run-down of the hub replacement that would be great, cause it's driving me mad :bang: by now.

I'm sick of hearing different things from different sources. Repco told me i'd need a $580 dollar machine just to the job, and that i think is a load of bull.

paulsautoelec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
all you need is an allen key to remove the three bolts + the abs sensor. be wary with the new hubs as the abs sensor wheels are different between irs & solid axle one hasa black plasic backing the other is grey . i cant remember off the top of my head which is which but make sure you order the right one for your car

VS RB30E(T)

Project 'VS3.0'
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VS Berlina 3.8L
Thanks heaps for that info. I'll be pullin the hubs tomorrow so I'll keep all posted. Might save another VS owner the bloody drama.

Thanks

VS RB30E(T)

Project 'VS3.0'
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VS Berlina 3.8L
All good and done, thanks for the help