Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sorry to say this on a Commodore forum...

J

Jaime

I must say that I am much disappointed with the VZ.

It looks mad but all pretty much all auto-only! Plus the tiptronic isn't available in anything below the Calais/SV6. Can't they at least have it in the Berlina so the Wagon will at last cop a decent tranny? And what's Holden thinking making the 175 with the shitty, hoary, older than the hills 4L60-E clunker. Brand new, world class V6. (Engine). Sixteen year old clunky shitter! (Transmission). I don't know what they're going to do with the base model One Tonner/Ute/Crewman. They'll get the 175, and we all know, an auto-only base model Ute sure as hell wont sell! And FIVE colours discontinued and ONE, yes, ONE (woop-de-friggin'-hoo) new colour! ONE! Ford has a base model Falcon Sedan with either a Manual or Tiptronic. How much more than that do you have to pay to get the same option? 4, 5, 6 grand!? Plus the 175 is outpowered by the Falcon. AND WHY THE HELL IS AIR CONDITIONING STILL OPTIONAL IN A FREAKIN COMMODORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can you soar like an Eagle when you're surrounded by dodos?

My 2 cents for the day.

PS: Sorry if it's hard core rage but I've had a bad day today and I'm still fired up about this utter stuff-up. So fired up that I'm still debating whether I should stay a Holden man.

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
For bugger all more $$ than an exec optioned with air just go & buy an SV6 and you won't have to whinge.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
selling a commodore without aircon is just ridiculous in 2004. get your act together holden.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
jules said:
selling a commodore without aircon is just ridiculous in 2004. get your act together holden.
agree with that who in their right mind would not get aircon! :confused:

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
wtf are they seriously doing that......what were they thinking there is no way you can get away with that nowadays...sure in the 80's they could but now....tsk tsk...
also jaime perhaps the reason they are sitll using the 4spd auto is because not every grandmother who goes to church is going to want to have to fork out for the new 5spd tiptronic version and the 190kw engine.....id say holden are trying to use up what they have left of the old 4 spd so they can phase it out in the VE

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
also i was speaking to mate and he said that they have made it optional because they are going to export to other places where the climate is colder, so its not needed but i dont know how reliable that is :p

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
I think Holden just raced this model release new engine but old gear box still with aircon option hey it's AUSTRALIA wake up gee someone should sake the managers at Holden there most likely old FARTS that are blind as bats.
:drink:

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
btw the reason they don't make aircon standard is so they can run adds that say "from 30,990* "

* not inc. air-con or on-road costs

same for the 4spd clunker, they want to keep the base model price down, even if very few people would ever pay that low price after optioning up

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Thats true....people would still complain if it was say 32,990 inc aircon etc

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
these days, cant you prety much build your own car in the way of transmition?
When we bought our VY ss we stated what we wanted (6 speed, air con, leather and all that stuff) and they built it for us, i dont think we've ever bought a car of the show room floor
If i wanted an exec with a non standard gearbox would that come down as holden by design