Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sorry, yet another exhaust/catback question

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Ok now I really confused. U say a full system. With $2500 I can get a kpm cat back or perhaps a full xforce. Given choice what would it be. In fact that question probably been asked many times!

Out of those two options, I'd choose a 2.5 KPM without a second thought, assuming the priority is quality of sound. But then I really don't like the xforce note. You obviously won't pick up the same gain as a full system but that's the trade off for the note. Just think what your priorities are and go from there. $2500 for a full system and tune is a good price no doubt, but remember, you can always add headers and cars to a catback down the track.

But the noise is a personal thing. Xforce just isn't for me.

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
Out of those two options, I'd choose a 2.5 KPM without a second thought, assuming the priority is quality of sound. But then I really don't like the xforce note. You obviously won't pick up the same gain as a full system but that's the trade off for the note. Just think what your priorities are and go from there. $2500 for a full system and tune is a good price no doubt, but remember, you can always add headers and cars to a catback down the track.

But the noise is a personal thing. Xforce just isn't for me.

tinsnips you have hit the nail on the head, my priority is sound and secondly chevs recommended the kpm over anything else so best stop beating myself up about it and get the bloody job done! its a grey area for me and have taken much advice but everyone has their reasons for going with whatever system they choose lets hope the kpm is worth a days wages........

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
tinsnips you have hit the nail on the head, my priority is sound and secondly chevs recommended the kpm over anything else so best stop beating myself up about it and get the bloody job done! its a grey area for me and have taken much advice but everyone has their reasons for going with whatever system they choose lets hope the kpm is worth a days wages........

A day's wages? Are you barrack obama?

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
ok maybe not a days wages but if i was to stop checking my iphone every 5 mins i actually could earn decent coin, i am a rigger and currently suspended 50metres from ground..

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
Haha... How does oh&s feel about you using the iphone up there?

What they cant see wont hurt them but in melboure today its windy and yet i can still type properly - its a long way down and below me is a ute with a soft looking cover to take my fall

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
yeah i am really glaad i didnt get that hard cover now...

Yeah I was going to get one... But didn't think the dog would be too impressed... And he sure isn't getting in the cabin! He's half english staffy, half amstaff... So to say he enjoys a chew is an understatement. Plus, at around 37kg, he's a fkn big staffy!

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
37kg. #### me. That's the weight of my Thai internet bride! Dogs and cars are a bad mix but least with a ute your can minimise the risk! Personally I don't like hard lids as I often sleep in ute for work and soft cover suits me. Sorry getting off topic.