Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sound Deadning ......At last

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore executive S2
So at last I got Sound Deadning done in my Front Doors and boot area.

Pics as follow...

I used Dynamat Xtreme Bulk Pack ..
Really I felt a lot of difference .. Bass is lot better and my Boot Rattling is alot less.

Cabin is alot quite .

I also did the side panels in the boot.

1.JPG2.jpg3.JPG5.JPG

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Good stuff mate. Did you block off the service holes in the doors with anything? Or just dynamat?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Dynamatt does not not stop rattles, it lower's the resonating fq of the panel it is applied to. The Dynamatt in the boot isn't really achieving anything.

If you didn't fill the service holes i reccomend cutting the section of dynamatt out and filing them. Even with the service holes filled and no dynamatt in place in that area, would still sound better than the alternative.

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Dynamatt does not not stop rattles, it lower's the resonating fq of the panel it is applied to. The Dynamatt in the boot isn't really achieving anything.

If you didn't fill the service holes i reccomend cutting the section of dynamatt out and filing them. Even with the service holes filled and no dynamatt in place in that area, would still sound better than the alternative.

While you are right, wouldn't the added mass applied to a rattling panel reduce the rattles?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Reduce - possibly ( knowing what fq the panel resonates at) , stop - no. You'd have to apply a lot of mass to a panel to stop it from rattling, and no reasonable amount of Dynamat would do that.

Considering low fq's cause a panel vibrate the most especially when it's a larger panel, lowering a panels resonate fq can actually cause it to vibrate more when talking subwoofers. Hard to imagine but it is the case. The reason while dynamat works on areas like door panels is because the speakers play above the reasonant peak of the panel they are attached to.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
P.S i didn't mean for my original post to sound harsh. Usually i try to go into detail a bit when i'm posting or explaining something, but then often i look back and think that the post is unnesacarily long, and not everyone wants to cypher to half a page or more of crap just to get to the point

When i try to make it short and sweet i read it after and sometimes it sounds to me like i was being harsh.....but i'm not :)

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Asking a dumb question (because thats what im good at :p), what should he be filling them with?

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Thin mdf and duct tape?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep, 3 or 6mm MDF, treat it with something so that it doesn't absorb water, you can attach it to the door with a lot of duct tape, but I ran a bead of urethane too, just to make sure everything is sealed. But then again, my door treatment was probably a little more thorough than most.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Asking a dumb question (because thats what im good at :p), what should he be filling them with?

Though, seeing as you have a VE, I believe the door pocket protrude into the door cavity, so it makes things a little more difficult.