Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sound Deadning ......At last

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
hmm, Sweefu flicking though your thead, looks good. From what i seen you dynamat straight onto the doors (behind the speakers) then fill the holes infront and dynamat again? is this correct, sorry for asking!

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Cheers mate :) And yeah pretty much, the inside skin of the door isn't too bad, its big and flat, with a high resonant fq. (for the sake of argument i'll say this) though it doesn't take much to deaden the panel, though I had ~90% coverage inside and 100% outside. Its very important to work the deadening in properly, anyone can just slap it over the top. Your midwoofer is mounted in the door, for a 2 way system this will determine many many things.
Expect a write up from me about door treatment in the coming weeks :)

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore executive S2
Good stuff mate. Did you block off the service holes in the doors with anything? Or just dynamat?

Na, i didnt but i got one layer of Dynamat inside the door frame and one at the outside where we mount the speaker ...

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dynamatt does not not stop rattles, it lower's the resonating fq of the panel it is applied to. The Dynamatt in the boot isn't really achieving anything.

If you didn't fill the service holes i reccomend cutting the section of dynamatt out and filing them. Even with the service holes filled and no dynamatt in place in that area, would still sound better than the alternative.

Thats what i hace done in my boot pannel area ,only the boot top was done in full becoz i tried in small pieces and different section and wasnt successful so i did the whole thing but i wanted to cut bit of road noise that way i did the whole doors.

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
did you put any deadener on the back plate (behind back seats) ?
Hmmm,, No didnt came to my mind but planning to do bit under the rear parcel shelf, it does bit of rattling .....

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
yeah i was just wondering if it would make a difference by doing it on the spot i mentioned, i had wayy to much rattling on the parcel shelf and the saftey seat thingey cap kept popping off but all sorted now :), also my boot is about 75% covered in deadener and i wanted to fully cover it, i just dont think it needs, which reminds me i havnt done my doors yet :(

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
* Dynamat does not stop rattles! *

And what Nic92 is referring to is the rear bulkhead I think..