Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sound/heat sheilding vh sl/e

MontieVHSL/E

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 304 (injected)
hi, i was wanting to replace the firewall heat sheilding from inside the engine bay, also the one on the underneath of the bonet.
does anyone know where i might find one?
i figure some mob must do things like this?

thanks

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Mate the one on the fire wall are NLA, No Longer Avaliable new. But might be able to get second hand.
The underbonnet underfelt, i think Rare Spares has them.

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
dude i got one of the thick rubber matts that goes on the inside of the fire wall for my vh from u pull it for 20 bucks and just clipped it into place and used 1 cable tie

MontieVHSL/E

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 304 (injected)
yeah thanks, mine has the original in there but it seems that it has shrunk, all the mounting points are off and i have just made new holes to hold it in place but looks like ****. hows that one fit for you?

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
Thats the same deal with mine, i thinks its shrunk and popped a couple of clips out and the exiasting holes, they definately dont line up anymore...
i'd love a replacement, tho my hood lining isnt too bad...

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
i only have the firewall one the one i got was pretty good bit greasy but it foit all good all clips meet up, the cable tie is holding a hole that has split right through so the clip kept falling out so i cable tied it, it makes a big difference i used to just not have one and the fumes heat and noise was way to loud i have 2.5" straight through exhaust with extractors so yer nice n loud but putting the rubber matt is has cut down engine and exhaust noise. and fumes