Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sound System Help

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Hey,

I have an aftermarket audio system in my VY 05 and recently I have been having problems with it.

The 2 front speakers + tweeters are powered by the amp.
The front speakers + tweeters run through one of those speaker splits.

When using the radio, Ipod or CD the drivers side tweeter and speaker only play few faint sounds and a lot of static, when I hit a bump they sometimes play perfect but after a while turn to static again.
I have checked the door speaker and tweeter wiring to make sure it isnt loose, also checked the wiring at the speaker split for loose connections.

I have swapped the speaker splitter with the left hand side to resolve whether it was the splitter but it isnt, still a continuing problem.

What could be happening here?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
While the car is off, swap the RCA cables over on the amp (so left goes to right and vice versa) then turn the key on and play some tunes. If the d/s split still dosent work properly then its a problem with the wiring from the amp to the speaker, try a test speaker connected to the right hand side output on the amp to confirm this. (Always make and break connections with the key off).
If the problem goes away, or the p/s speaker stops working properly then its the RCA cable or output from the head-unit. Replace the RCA cable.