Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sound system issues

lbaxter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2 3.8L Ecotec
So I recently changed the head unit in my vy berlina, I do have an amp connected to this with 4 speakers and a sub attached.
Everything was off when I installed everything, and I can't find any blown fuses.
The antenna has started trying to go up and down and making loud almost clunk like noises. Also when I turn the car off, I open the door and the sound system turns off as it's meant to, but then turns back on 5 seconds later.
I checked that all the wires went to the right spot and I double checked after everything went really odd.
I have had small electrical issues with the car in the past and I'm at my wits end about what to do.
Any help will be appreciated :)
Regards Luke

dibenedetto

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve wagon
Check that the remote wire of the amp is wired correctly.
It should be connected to the head unit remote wire that activates the motorised antenna.
i think its normaly a blue wire on the head unit

lbaxter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2 3.8L Ecotec
yea i wired it up to the correct one, my head unit has 2 blue wires, one for the remote wire of the amp and one for the antenna. just checked that both are connected to the correct one. I found that after i took the interior light fuse out it all worked properly again. But soon enough it worked even with the interior light fuse. So after a few days everything started working normal, the head unit turned off and stayed off, the antenna worked properly. After blasting my sound system, i heard a clicking sound after i opened the door, one of my interior lights was blown and my antenna made a very loud clunking sound going down and has not worked since. Also i am finding my battery seems to be draining fast as ive had a dead battery twice in a couple weeks.