Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sound system questions..

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
yup yup gotcha. Buth then would it be worth connecting an amp to the front and rear speakers and getting a seperate amp for the sub ??

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
If you want to connect an amp to the front and rears, then you will be limiting yourself because now you have to buy a 4 channel, when only a 2 channel was nessacary. For the money you would now have to spend, getting a 4 channel, would have got you a really nice 2 channel, you properly drive your front splits. It's always reccomended if it's within your budget to get a seperate amp for your sub. A mono block amp, is what you'll be after ideally, and by using a seperate amp, you will have greater tuning options available to you, once it's all installed..

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
Ohh yup gotcha. So just run the rear speakers off the headunit and get a nice 2 way amp to charge the front splits an a mono to pump the sub.

Cheers mate.

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
haha i dont wanna send myself broke mate! haha i was jus thinking running splits up the front run by a good quality 2 way amp, then some half decent speakers put in the back door run off the headunit itself then a good mono block amp running a the sub.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
yeah replace all speakers with a good brand and get 6 x 9s for the pancel shelf and put grills in just cut the carpet out place them in the steel is only hold by a few spot welds. so 6 speaker system with the splits in dash. then get some subs. 1 16" or 2 12" are good ported box too that shoulde be a good system..also get a good amp/s

WHAT THE ****:bang: ?????

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
haha i dont wanna send myself broke mate! haha i was jus thinking running splits up the front run by a good quality 2 way amp, then some half decent speakers put in the back door run off the headunit itself then a good mono block amp running a the sub.

Right on the money there mate......dont stress too much about the rears though, you dont wanna draw too much attention (sound wise) away from the front splits.

Toeludeu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VT S Pack
I'm just about to upgrade my system in my VT as well,

Here's what i'm doing

JVC DVD head unit (3.5" screen on the unit - not the 7 inch motorized ones)
Clarion SRP1620M 6" splits in the front
Clarion SRQ1630R in the rear doors
2 x Clarion 12" subs in box in boot
2 x Clarion VMA5069 5.8" DVD headrest monitors mounted in the headrests
1 x Clarion APX4241 400w 4 channel amp to run the front and rear door speakers
1 x 900w amp running the two subs
1 x ipod cable to run the ipod through the headunit and be able to control the ipod from the headunit - and charge

All up, around the 2k mark.
Not by any means a top end set up, but nice, clean, crisp clear sound all round - which is what I was aiming for.

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
hey what do they charge you for the moniters in the headrest mate ??