Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sound System Suggestions for VE SV6 MY12 Commodore?

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
So if I get the SPR-60C at the front and the 6x9 in the back, do u reccomend that?? And does the amp go in the boot and how much room does it take up??

Yeah mate it will work and sound amazing. The 6x9 will give you the bass sound your after. But if you want more bass a 12inch type r sub would be the way to go but then it becomes to much sub (comparing to a porsche system )
The 6x9s wont fit in the doors, you gota take the old holden subs out! Also the processer these guys are talking about is pretty good ive heard, but never used it myself.

I have used many different brands and i must say alpine type Rs are the way to go. There are better then Alpine type Rs but then they get really expensive and you could just go alpine type x.

If i was you, id also change the rear door speakers, seeing as your getting 6x9s they can be anything! If u wana go by alpine, then type S but anything will do! even 60dollar ones.

As for the amp, you can put it in the boot and screw it to the wall. Or you can put it underneath the front seats. Up to you. Id say boot.

Good Luck mate.

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
If you want anything high quality, then Alpine should not be on the speaker list, full stop. For the price of their components, much better deals can be had.

Make a post over in the Car Audio section, in order to get more suggestions than the normal ~Alpine is sooo ####ing good (PS I've never tried any other brand because ALPINE IS SAH GUD).~

So sick of all the people that only recommend Alpine. High quality speakers that you should be looking at are: Morel, Focal, Audison, Hertz, DLS, DynAudio and Crescendo. For HIGH QUALITY GEAR head to Frankston Car Audio .

Very knowledgeable group of guys, and their car systems have been winning Sound Quality awards in Victoria and nationally for years now. Their demo car won the MEASQ award for the expert class this year in Victoria. Note, that none of their installs have Alpine speakers.

They will set you up with a very nice system.

Your opinon is your opinon. I guess you have never heard a proper alpine set up. OP posted a question, my dad has a 2011 porsche so i know exactly how the sound system in them sound like , and the closest to sound to them are the type Rs. Ofcourse there are better then type Rs! TYPE X. then their are better then Type X , but for his question , alpine type Rs are definatly the way to go.

Only problem i see with alpine is, the need so much effing power to run them

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
Your opinon is your opinon. I guess you have never heard a proper alpine set up. OP posted a question, my dad has a 2011 porsche so i know exactly how the sound system in them sound like , and the closest to sound to them are the type Rs. Ofcourse there are better then type Rs! TYPE X. then their are better then Type X , but for his question , alpine type Rs are definatly the way to go.

Only problem i see with alpine is, the need so much effing power to run them

Totally agree mate.... i have Alpine Type R Gear too. He has mentioned to search around which is wise. Speaking from my experience i have had, i recommend Type R gear for the sound quality and value.... i picked up a really good deal through Freeway Car Audio when they have their twice a year sale.

I really do recommend the PXA- H800 Processor though, along with whatever brand speakers he does end up going for!!

nugsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Series II MY12 SV6 Phantom
i can install and recommend a system for you

are u in melbourne?

what do u reccomend if i get spr-60c at the front and then spr-60 at the back? should i also put in the pxa-h800 processor in also or u dont really need it???

nugsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Series II MY12 SV6 Phantom
Hey mate I have fitted alpine type r splits up front and type s 2 ways in the rear n I tell u what, running straight off the head unit the sound quality is amazing. Compared to stock anyway. I'm now running them of an alpine amp. So worth the money, crystal clear sound, nice crisp bass and no sub.

was it a significant change when it had an amp?

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
Putting an AMP will just give the speakers MORE power as taking power from the head unit is limited. So basically itll sound clearer, louder and crisper. Run better.

The pxa-h800 prosesser i want to buy, never tried it so i cannot comment but before i saw that i was thinking of putting a cd player in the glove box and wiring all the buttons from the steering wheel and head unit to that, but then i was told about the prossesor. Whoever has used it, say its good so i guess its worth it. Normal price of a head unit anyway.

SPR-60c definatly at the front, you dont REALLY need to put them in the back, if u want back speakers then go alpine type s (if u wana stay with one brand) , but like u mentioned before, i would go for 6x9s in the parcell shelf( existing holden stock subs ) . . . Or if anywere else possible.
Inbox SMIT. He has alpine type X ( alpines best product)
Good luck buddy

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
was it a significant change when it had an amp?
Hey mate, a h800 retails at 899 and you will also need the control unit that retails for 299, by the sounds of it it's overkill for what you want to achieve, give me a call on 0405566446 and I can help Taylor a sysystem to your needs and budget, I Also have a ve I'm installing a h800 into ATM so give me a call and we can discuss. Alpines lower end speaker s and r are good for the price but as the poster said above you can get better quality speakers cheaper. Give me a call and I can through everything with you. Cheers :)

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
Here is what I got for my Redline Wagon

This my system and price, just had it installed 2 weeks ago, sounds bloody awesome. very happy with it.

Quantity Item Code Unit price (inc-GST) Discount % Total (inc-GST)
1 Audison Bitone.1 Signal processor $1,149.00 8.62% $1,050.00
1 Installation of Bitone.1 $200.00 $200.00
1 Tune & Eqaulisation Set up $190.00 100% 0
1 Focal 165KR 6.5" Component split $729.00 $729.00
1 Installation of front splits $130.00 7.69% $120.00
1 Focal 165KRC 6.5" coaxials $599.00 11.69% $529.00
1 Installation of rear Coaxials $85.00 11.76% $75.00
1 Focal FPP5300 5 channel Amp $749.00 3.87% $720.00
1 Installation of amp $250.00 12% $220.00
1 Focal 27KX 11" subwoofer $819.00 $819.00
1 Custom sub box to Suit 27KX $250.00 $250.00
1 Focal Sound deadening for all 4 doors $199.00 $199.00
Total $5,349.00 Less Discount $4,911.00

That is 4.8% below retail(if you don't include the tune as it is free) but I got it down to $4700.00 which is about 8.9% below retail so i can live with that.

Tune is a little bright at the moment for rock music unless it is a really good recording. One thing with a system like this you can really tell a **** recording from a good one, probably a bit too much at the moment, but like I said I think it has been tuned a bit too bright in the highs.