Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sound System Suggestions for VE SV6 MY12 Commodore?

nugsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Series II MY12 SV6 Phantom
hey guys,
i heard the bose system in a porsche and it had a great amount of bass and crisp sound. is there a sound system i can get like it (without a subwoofer)??

will spend a reasonable amount of money.

any suggestions?????

Ryzie.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
I suggest you read the stickied post on upgrading your speakers, has a few tips in there on what's best upgrade for your money

Edit: I just read the post (I swear it had more information) - Sorry.

Last edited:

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
Hey mate.

My dad owns a 2011 porsche and i also love the bose sound system on it. The closest i have heard to them are, Alpine type R speakers.

I would get these for the front : Alpine Electronics of Australia

Then these for the rear : Alpine Electronics of Australia

If you can, i would add an amp aswell. I think you can just run it off the head unit but they will sound ALOT more better with a amp.

Alpine Type X are the best! I would extreamly recommened those, they will laugh at the bose sound system but they are too expensive. Type Rs are still very good. Considering i have it in my car. I have had Type X aswell.

Also if your still not happy with the sound of the type R( i dought it though) you can put 6X9 witch will give quite alot of base, more base then the bose will ever give you , but just front and rear speakers will definatly do the job mate. With amp.

6X9 : Alpine Electronics of Australia

Also alpine type Rs are good quality so you will get the crisp nice quality of bose sound system

GoodLuck mate

adam_4049

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series II SV6
Hey mate I have fitted alpine type r splits up front and type s 2 ways in the rear n I tell u what, running straight off the head unit the sound quality is amazing. Compared to stock anyway. I'm now running them of an alpine amp. So worth the money, crystal clear sound, nice crisp bass and no sub.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L

one mans reasonable is another mans ripoff.... what's your budget mate?
$500, $2000, $5000, $10,000?

people who spend 10's of thousands of dollars on audio would consider it 'reasonable' to do so. what's your reasonable amount?

and as to whether you can get a system that sounds like a bose system? i dont see why not... but again, a bose system from a porsche isnt exactly going to be cheap.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
hey guys,
i heard the bose system in a porsche and it had a great amount of bass and crisp sound. is there a sound system i can get like it (without a subwoofer)??

any suggestions?????

Hello mate,

I too have become a victim of the Porsche Bose Quality, my fathers 997 turbo is amazing!!!!

He has the MoBridge bluetooth kit fitted which has a Built in Digital processor, and yeh it is amazinggg,

I have installed a full Alpine System Type R's with 2 12" Subs in the boot, and soundproofing... I love the sound the produce but whatever you do fit, you simply must fit a Alpine PXA-H800 Processor!!

Its alpines answer to everything, Digital quality sound, Full acoustical tunability, and if you know what you are doing you can have better sound than the porsche.

I have it in my car and it is really is a wonderful peice of technology, it comes at a reasonable price i beleive, for what it provides. It also allows us to retain the IQ system and all its capabilities while having more then enough functions and ajustability of an aftermarket headunit. Jump on Alpines website and have a good read.

I am in melbourne too so if u want to have a listen let me know and we can meet up.

nugsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Series II MY12 SV6 Phantom
Hey mate.

My dad owns a 2011 porsche and i also love the bose sound system on it. The closest i have heard to them are, Alpine type R speakers.

I would get these for the front : Alpine Electronics of Australia

Then these for the rear : Alpine Electronics of Australia

If you can, i would add an amp aswell. I think you can just run it off the head unit but they will sound ALOT more better with a amp.

Alpine Type X are the best! I would extreamly recommened those, they will laugh at the bose sound system but they are too expensive. Type Rs are still very good. Considering i have it in my car. I have had Type X aswell.

Also if your still not happy with the sound of the type R( i dought it though) you can put 6X9 witch will give quite alot of base, more base then the bose will ever give you , but just front and rear speakers will definatly do the job mate. With amp.

6X9 : Alpine Electronics of Australia

Also alpine type Rs are good quality so you will get the crisp nice quality of bose sound system

GoodLuck mate

So if I get the sp60c at the front and the 6x9 in the back, do u reccomend that?? And does the amp go in the boot and how much room does it take up??

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
If you want anything high quality, then Alpine should not be on the speaker list, full stop. For the price of their components, much better deals can be had.

Make a post over in the Car Audio section, in order to get more suggestions than the normal ~Alpine is sooo ####ing good (PS I've never tried any other brand because ALPINE IS SAH GUD).~

So sick of all the people that only recommend Alpine. High quality speakers that you should be looking at are: Morel, Focal, Audison, Hertz, DLS, DynAudio and Crescendo. For HIGH QUALITY GEAR head to Frankston Car Audio .

Very knowledgeable group of guys, and their car systems have been winning Sound Quality awards in Victoria and nationally for years now. Their demo car won the MEASQ award for the expert class this year in Victoria. Note, that none of their installs have Alpine speakers.

They will set you up with a very nice system.

Last edited:

adam_4049

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series II SV6
If you want anything high quality, then Alpine should not be on the speaker list, full stop. For the price of their components, much better deals can be had.

Make a post over in the Car Audio section, in order to get more suggestions than the normal ~Alpine is sooo ####ing good (PS I've never tried any other brand because ALPINE IS SAH GUD).~

So sick of all the people that only recommend Alpine. High quality speakers that you should be looking at are: Morel, Focal, Audison, Hertz, DLS, DynAudio and Crescendo. For HIGH QUALITY GEAR head to Frankston Car Audio .

Very knowledgeable group of guys, and their car systems have been winning Sound Quality awards in Victoria and nationally for years now. Note, that none of their installs have Alpine speakers.

They will set you up with a very nice system.

MAG00 i only suggested the Alpines because of all the brands to date i have used, so far Alpine are the top of the list for me. Its hard for people to suggest a brand when they've never heard what they sound like so we can only advise on what we know.

Although i have heard Focal and Crescendo are quite good on the SQ side of things.