Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sound system

stooie

Stui
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive series ll
Hey guys ive been looking at getting some speakers since i got a job. i have been keeping my eye on some alpine gear.... it would be greatif anyine had any ideas. i have a 03 vy

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Whats your budget mate? We could suggest some other gear that would be better. Also what type of music do you listen too? And what are you wanting from the system, eg, subs, or no?

stooie

Stui
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive series ll
yea im not sure of my budget as i probably wont do it all at once. and i listen to everyday music and some stuff with a fair bit of bass.... so yes looking a subs aswell.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
no matter how much stuff ur gunna get, i would still recommend putting a budget on a project like sound system upgrade cos before you know it ule have spent like 1200 bucks quite easily

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
$1200 is cheap, I think all up with continual upgrades I've spent over $3500. Much cheaper to do it first time, or to buy piece by piece but get the good stuff.

OK Stooie are you keeping the stock headunit or getting an aftermarket one?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
you have wasted your money if u spent 3500 lol, i used to get pure crisp sound out of my last car as loud as I could bear it without any distortion and that whole setup only cost a grand, anything more than that is just for show or completely unnecessary

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
What did you get for $1000, as in what speakers, subs and amps.

And yeah I did waste a bit of money by upgrading stuff instead of buying good stuff to start with, my current stuff cost me, $2900, with most of it at cost as it was ex-display stuff.

Actually let me give a new estimate, my initial system cost me $1500 with installation, upgraded part which cost about $1000, got rid of that in parts, other stuff which I never installed cost $500 but got most back by selling it, and what I have now cost $2900, so yeah I have spent close to $6000 getting to where I am now.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
cant remember the exact stuff we put in, but me and my mate installed it ourselves as i was a techy at the time and hes an electrician, we put in a clarion head unit and splits i think, kenwood sub and cant remember what kind of amp, but it was in a smaller car (p.o.s vectra) so it damn near blew ur ear drums lol

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Fair enough, smaller cars are gonna be cheaper to make loud. I currently have 600wrms going into door speakers and even at full volume I can stand it.