Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sound System

duehicky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sedan
Any 1 actually spent some money on a decent system on there commo. im looking at beefing mine up a lot soon and just wanted to kno what every1 else has done or is thinking of doing

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
Hey buddy well I dont really have one buy i know which one i will be getting, in 2 month, i need to save up. I WILL BE GETTING ALPINE TYPE X - this set 2X ALPINE SWX-1243D, MRP-M2000, PDX-F6, 2X SPX17PRO | eBay
But alot of my mates think spending that much money on a sound system is stupid, so MOST of them went for ALPINE TYPE R basically there really good aswell, 2 12inch subs in your boot, even ONE will be good but yeah. alltogether with amps and everything ,installing for type r your looking around 2grand without changing headunit. If ur not happy with the stock head unit performance then you could always purchase this,
ALPINE PXE-H650 IMPRINT Head Unit - VE VY VZ BA BF FG | eBay - it acts like an aftermarket headunit but you dont have to literally purcahse one becaue they look uguly..

GOOD LUCK MATE.

duehicky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sedan
i have allready got alpine type r fronts rears tweets n a sub i have a boot pic on my profile not to bad for a home job. im looking at getting another swr1222d 12" sub and an alpine pdx m12 to pump those pair along nicely... im just mainly looking into how people have set them up pics or anything of boot setup

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
hussy have you listened to the type X ... i had them in my old VY and i ripped them out and put type R's in ... way better mid response ... anyway just a suggestion

As for my ve it is going tomorrow to get the system out in ...
it will be the stock head unit with an audioson BIT 1 amped rca converter (this is completely tunable and therefor negates the need for high loss LOC's
2 x sets of Focal 165KRX2 6.5" splits
2 x Rockford Fosgate T1 subs
1 x Rockford Fosgate Power series 4 channel Amp
1 x Rockford Fosgate Power series monoblock
1 x 2 farad Rockford Fosgate capacitor
1 x Yellow top battery
1 alarm upgrade
dynamat
custom box
custom boot install

yeah cant wait to get it back ... its gonna take em 4 days

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
hussy have you listened to the type X ... i had them in my old VY and i ripped them out and put type R's in ... way better mid response ... anyway just a suggestion

As for my ve it is going tomorrow to get the system out in ...
it will be the stock head unit with an audioson BIT 1 amped rca converter (this is completely tunable and therefor negates the need for high loss LOC's
2 x sets of Focal 165KRX2 6.5" splits
2 x Rockford Fosgate T1 subs
1 x Rockford Fosgate Power series 4 channel Amp
1 x Rockford Fosgate Power series monoblock
1 x 2 farad Rockford Fosgate capacitor
1 x Yellow top battery
1 alarm upgrade
dynamat
custom box
custom boot install

yeah cant wait to get it back ... its gonna take em 4 days

Yes i have listened to TYPE X and buddy your completely correct. Type Rs are LOUDER and CLEARER then type x but if you make a good box , type x shits on them. MY mate with his 2 type Rs is gettign 151DB because of special custom box, thats why im going type x

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
yeah i had the R's bought the X's then like 2 weeks latter ripped em out and put the R's back in

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Hmm interesting, I dunno if its just me but a lot of people have talked focal up but have yet to hear them, if you dont mind much did the 6.5" spilts set you back? In time I'm going to upgrade the sound of my car but I'm only after something that sounds good in house without being heard from a 1km away :) so I'm not after anything that's going to be earth shattering. Suggestions? thought about the type R's front and back with a 12 sub to carry the sound..

duehicky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sedan
the box with the sub was a pre fab box i mad sides on it to mount the amps beside it. next is a custom install will be small sub boxes about .8 cuft sealed. as for the m12 the guys at northfield told me it will work n pump hard... unless they r just trying to sell me the expensive amp that wont cut it??? any thoughts on running 2 swr122d on a m12 amp