Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sound system

matt_gotigers

RINGERZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VXII Spac
Hey guys, driving a VP series 2, buyin my bro's mates sound system for cheap, at the moment i have JVC 4"s in the front and 300W JVC 6"s in the back, a 10" Clarion sub 600W (i love it) and a 2channel 250W kenwood amp. From the new system im buying im gonna swap head units wit the one i got, and unsure whether to put the twin 12" Sony explode subs in (4channel anp running em) also the system has a capacitor...if i chose to jus run the 10" clarion sub would there be any need for the capacitor? Let me kno what youz think! There are also some 6x9s but i dont think i will put them in.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
There is never a need for a capacitor :) Don't worry about it unless you want it for looks.

matt_gotigers

RINGERZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VXII Spac
yeh thats what i was thinking...they do look pretty sweet tho lol, what you reckon bout the subs? Iv been told explodes arent fantastic...

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
They're not fantastic, but they should give you alot more bass than the single 10". The box the subs go into will determine how good/bad they will sound. What sort of music do you listen to?

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
well a bit of rock, but also some techno. also i like sting sometimes, depends on my mood really. some times i even feel the need for some cold play after a big weekend.
stone, you are such a nice guy taking interest in my personal taste in music.

(i should get slapped in the ear with a smelly prawn for taking the piss like that!).

EDIT : i am on 888 posts. is that sorta like the devils number but not quiet?!

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
sony have a bad name in the car audio industry in general, more so for speakers than anything else. I'm a victim of the Sony headunit syndrome.