Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Soundproofing

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
has anyone here used any sort of sound proof matting in their car? ive been looking at getting some to line the inside of where my sub box sits in my ute in an effort to stop some of the vibration i get through the car. where can i get it from? do places like supercheap/autobarn/autopro/repco sell it? i asked one stereo install mob and they didnt have any in stock and was told they could get it in. for a box of 8 sheets (about 400mm x 400mm) it was around 120 bucks. sounded like a bit of a rip to me. then again, ive never bought the stuff. so does anyone know how well it works and if it will solve my problems?

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Go to a carpet place and buy some cotton waste underlay.

They used it in 2000 at the olympic site, I bought a 8x4m roll for $40 I sound proofed my whole car with it. Inside the boot, under the carpet under the back seat behind the dash.
It made the car heaps quieter.

The other option is to go to spotlight and buy some dacron, used to stuff teddy bears and stuff

cya
scott