Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SoundRacer V8 - Anyone Brought One?

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SOLD - VX, Now have MY14 CRUZE
Hey guys, I know it's Wank Bait etc, But I want my car to kind of sound like a V8 inside the car for my own enjoyment while driving, I've done a bit of research on these -

SoundRacer | Give your car the sound of a V8 using your car

And was almost going to buy one, Until I saw there car list, It says it works on almost EVERY car, But on a car list it says the "Holden VX V6 2001" Didn't work properly..... Wtf? The only Australian vehicle on the list, and it's my car... :hmmm:

I'm wondering maybe the guy was either just an idiot who didn't know how to work it, Or maybe he had problems with his VX? I emailed support about it, and this is what the Managing director had to say -

"""Sorry, but the user reported that: “I did try switching on and off the accessories, i also even checked the charge rate and battery voltage. It was all with in specs.”

It worked on his Nissan Pulsar.

You can read about some ways to solve problems here: SoundRacer

A couple of users have made a special installation that seems to work fine. They connect a wire (with a fuse on) to the battery + pole, wind it tree turns around a sparc plug wire and then to a cig lighter socket. (Obviously this is not a solution for diesel cars)

Such installation should only be performed by someone familiar with electrical installations in cars and we take no responsibility.

Best Regards

Kenneth""""

Just curious if anyone else has tested this? I don't understand why the VY/VZ would work "Seen in one of the videos I think" but the VX wouldn't....... And I have no idea what he even means with the rest of the email unfortuantly.

Please reply, Best regards, Josh.

akust0m

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT II SS LS1
Each to their own... but I can't help but to ask 'Why?'

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SOLD - VX, Now have MY14 CRUZE
Well it's not like it's a Cannon, or chevy badges, or fake blow off valves, or anything totally stupid.

Just something only I can hear, And it's mainly because I like the sound of a V8, My cars obviously pretty quiet, and it gets boring when all I do is town driving, And I don't always want to listen to music, So would be good to just have a fake v8 sound that's pretty accurate to just #### around with while I drive.

akust0m

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT II SS LS1
Fair enough :) But to answer your question, I haven't had any experience with this product. Good luck though..

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
I have no idea. but I do know its pretty cheap to just chop the rear reso off of ur zorst?

Then everyone can hear.

Enjoy, let us all know how it goes. Not to mention, if it does work. Youtube it. I think we would all like to hear it. Could be awesome present for next christmas.

DrZ

Edit: That last bit is genuine.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Just get one mate, the novelty will eventually wear off hahaha

Jimbahh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
I got one given to me for Christmas from my sister for just something silly. I have a VXII executive. Works fine in my car. But yes they are a little bit silly and you probably will get sick of the thing. I only ever have it on just to annoy people.