Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Source Button on Steering Wheel

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hi All

I have a Calais V with ~70000ks on it, The source button on he steering wheel have started to wear, it has no bumps left on it.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Still under warranty however I'm waiting on a price as they class it as wear and tear.

AllanVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS
G'day The1985divo;
I had a VF Calais with 43k kms and now have a VF2 SS with 7k kms.
I use the source button often to change tracks or change the source and haven't experienced the rubber to fail, however for there to be no rubber grip left on the rotary source switch seems like the rubber could have been defective or your using excessive force.

How old is the car...? how often do you use the source button of the steering wheel. If you don't use it that often, I'd use that as your argument.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I think the buttons don't have enough grip on them. The cruise control button on the left does as it has a ridge built into it, The src bi=tton is crap. If your finger doesn't grip, you cannot change tracks and usually change the source. Calais V driver here. Shits me all the time.