Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sourcing Chevy workshop manual

drewwy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8 ute
Hi jc members. Well here is the problem. A friend of mine has just purchased a 2008 Chevy silverado 3500hd 6.6l and is doing a round trip of oz and needs a workshop manual. I have contacted gmc Australia and a few American importers only to be told try your luck searching the net, we can't help you. I've checked a few sites but all of them look dodgy as. So if anybody could point me in the right direction or knows someone, any help is greatly appreciated.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Have you tried some of the US truck forums? I cant remember what it is, but there is a HD forum for these big buggers. I presume it is the Duramax engine?

drewwy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8 ute
Yeah mate just got him on to a Chevy forum but he's not to great with computers, hopefully get some good advice, yep its the Allison engine. The response from gmc Australia was a let down, he wants to setup a tool kit and spares just incase he's in the middle of nowhere, I'll keep asking around, I don't see how it can be so hard to find

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Have you tried Superformance, or A-Z trucks up there? Where was the RHD conversion done, maybe they can help.
I spend time on Truck Forum - Truck Forums Someone on there should be able to help.

drewwy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8 ute
Sorry Ian Allison transmission. Thanks guys think I've worked it out.