Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

South Australia To Introduce Dangerous Driving Laws For Private Property

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
John Rau is obviously a douche and I can't really see how you could police private properties. Not sure if true but I did read something about it affecting farmers driving unregistered vehicles on their own properties. Just have to see what the full story of his proposal is when the full transcript is released I guess.

Edit: According to grunt files part of the new proposed laws are generally a matter of replacing the word public with person in the following laws.

CRIMINAL LAW CONSOLIDATION ACT 1935 - SECT 19A
19A—Causing death or harm by use of vehicle or vessel
(a) drives a vehicle or operates a vessel in a culpably negligent manner, recklessly, or at a speed or in a manner dangerous to the public; and
(b) by that culpable negligence, recklessness or other conduct, causes the death of another,
is guilty of an indictable offence.

CRIMINAL LAW CONSOLIDATION ACT 1935 - SECT 19AC
19AC—Dangerous driving to escape police pursuit etc
(1) A person who, intending to—
(a) escape pursuit by a police officer; or
(b) cause a police officer to engage in a pursuit,
drives a motor vehicle in a culpably negligent manner, recklessly, or at a speed or in a manner dangerous to the public is guilty of an offence.

Amendment of Road Traffic Act 1961
Section 46
46—Reckless and dangerous driving
(1) A person must not drive a vehicle recklessly or at a speed or in a manner which is dangerous to the public.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Imagine the fine for:
Driving an unregistered, dedicated race car at 250+ MPH with parachutes to slow you down instead of conventional brakes.
And your tyres have no tread groves for water dispersion if it should so happen to rain. your exhaust is 140+ dBL. you fail the exhaust emission's test miserably. and your car drinks fuel faster than a Boeing 747 at take-off.

The shock on mr "rau's" face if you told him that's what you were doing, LOL

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
if they dont pass this law whos going to protect you from yourself? i find myself saying "only in australia" more and more...

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
seriously though. you're on say a 2000 hectare farm, who's going to see you hammering around in the paddock basher away from the main road :p
(or even some country properties of a few acres)

still a stupid rule but
isn't causing death already punishable?

how many people learnt to drive in farm cars?
great place to learn lots of skills tbh.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
seriously though. you're on say a 2000 hectare farm, who's going to see you hammering around in the paddock basher away from the main road :p
(or even some country properties of a few acres)

still a stupid rule but
isn't causing death already punishable?

how many people learnt to drive in farm cars?
great place to learn lots of skills tbh.

Queensland police have/are getting unmanned flying drones to protect the public. Wont be long till every state police force has them.

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
I will be glad when we get a chance to vote for a better state government. We have had a bunch of retards running the state for too long. I think they are just looking for another way to raise revenue to pay for all the excessive spending, or should i say wasting money in the past.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Too bad no matter who you vote for you're screwed.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Queensland police have/are getting unmanned flying drones to protect the public. Wont be long till every state police force has them.

Won't be long until Anonymous, LulzSec or another group show them how exploitable UAV's are, $50k at a time.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I feel sorry for Farmer Joe who uses his unregistered Datto farm ute on the property with the grand kids on the back feeding the sheep. How he'll have to fork out for a newer ute, pay rego on it and also invest in a feed hopper which will easily set him back a few grand. As if farmers aren't struggling enough. And that's only one tiny example of how fked up this granny country will be if we keep this rubbish up.