Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SP tools. any good?

joel87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
gday mate i am a second year and i have sp spanners , sockets and an air ratchet, have never had a problem, the spanners are almost identicle to the snapone ones the trady has, the only problem i have had is the boss leavin my 10mm in a car when i was buyin lunches, i highly recomend them

vtdemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina / HT Sedan (project)
I can also recommend Sidchrome for value for money and good warranty, as the majority of my kit is Sidchrome. Our old Sidchrome rep would replace tools under warranty no question.

A lot of tool manufacturers sell tools under different brands so if you want to save a penny find out what these are and you could find yourself saving a few hundred dollars buying the exact same tools just with a different brand name enscribed on them!

Any thing with a lifetime warranty is good as long as it's a comfortable and appropriate tool to use for your job.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
another good one is the repco brand, i bought a set of repco midget spanners, look and feel like the snapon ones, except i got the repco ones for $70/$75 trade and the snapon ones are $300+ for the same set, and there vertually the same, a guy i work with has alot of repco tools and he's never had one problem in the 6-7 years he's had them, he's also got a lot of snapon too, thats never skipped a beat, but if u want good tools at an affordable price and especialy as an apprentice, repco are good too, recomend the midget spanners, have saved me alot of times and iv only had them for bout 5months, same as my ratchet spanners, although i got them on special of snapon, but well worth it too, when u advance a bit further in your career, espec, for those tight places a ratchet and socket just won't fit.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
also calais v8, do u live anywere near dandy area? if so go to the carribean market and when u walk past the fruit and veg part in the entrance, go to your left were the other stalls are there under cover and about 2-3 rows along there's a tool guy, take $50 with you and you will be able to get realy good pliers in short to extra long, straight, 45deg. and 90 deg. ends, side cutters, normal pliers, off him and get a heap for that price, ask him for a tax reciept to so you can claim them, he'll give you one, me and a few of the guys from my work have bought these of him and we've never had a problem and there realy good quality, highly recomend going to him, he has extensions and other tools, just incase your wondering no i don't know him at all, just highly impressed with the tools his got and the prices and especially if your an apprentice, qualified or work on your own cars, these a realy good prices and tools too.

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
well thankyou all for your posts and advice. i decided to go the SP kit and it arrived the other day, and i am very very happy! the tools look to be of a high quality, and well worth the money i spent. i took all your advice into consideration and had a bigger look-around at different brands and ideas before making my decision. i appreciate your opinions very much.

thankyou all.