Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

spacer for 6x9s

adams vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s
does anyone know if i need to put a spacer when going from standard speakers to 6x9s i have a vn.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Yes u do need spacers, depending on where u are puttin them depends on how high the spacer will need to be....
Cheapest way for spacers is to go get sum 15-20mm mdf sheet from bunnings n cut them yourself.....
15mm will fit the 6x9's in the middle of the shelf where as on the sides u will need a thinker sheet to raise then off the body....

adams vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s
yeah i wanna put them where the standard 6" are and auto barn tried selling me their spacers saying that they are the only ones that will work but they wanted 140 just for the sapcers

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
yeah we used the nice grey factory looking ones over the factory holes in the Calais, & then plastic ones in the middle of the shelf.

In my VN just using the $30 plastic ones atm..... Got a MDF shelf the other night but havent had a chance to put it in yet.

Depends on where you want to put them, Just so ya know mine sound **** in the middle :( They sounded fine in the VK, so must be the location or the shitty factory shelf, or both :p
So I will move them when Ive put in the MDF shelf, hopefully that improves sound.

the VNC had the side ones first on there own & were fine, sounded good. then the VNC had 4 6x9's & sounded great :p looked fantastic, everyone commented on it :p

D.