Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spanner to Remove Manual Window Crank

Elliottrn

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Commodore
I need to pull the inside of my car (95 vs (I imagine it would be the same on a lot of different models)) doors apart so as I can get to speakers in the front doors and I also want to greese up some parts of the mechanism that winds the windows up on all doors and I just needed to know a good way to get the clip off the back of the window winder crank. The car manual said that you can make one but didnt give any specifications on how big or whatever. Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Not sure on the VS, but for the VK i was told to slide a Tea-towel behind the winder, and pull... and it will release the clip, takes a few goes to get right if you know how to do it.... or if your like me, its a 1 in a million chance lol.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
a fork with the end bend up like a hook (only small hook) and the other bits removed

Elliottrn

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Commodore
Thanks guys for the advice. I found this little thin spanner that fitted so perfectly it was amazing

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
you can buy the proper tool for like 7 bucks from supercheap

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Make sure that you wind the window up before refitting the handle so it is in the right position .