Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spare key pairing

matty_d

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
Hi,

I've read through on here and have received some conflicting responses.
I purchased a wm statesman which came with a flip key which works fine, however the non flip standard spare it came with doesn't start the car.

The key has been cut fine however it hasn't been programmed into the system (Engine immobilised comes up)

Is there anyway to relearn the key into the system? I've tried the 'start car' then remove and put in the new key, but it doesn't work.

Thanks!

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
The key is purchased as two sections: the key blade and immobilizer section (A) and the remote keyless entry and remote start system section (B).
Do not join the two key sections until programming is complete.
To program a new section (A):
1. Insert the original, already programmed key into the ignition and start the engine. If the engine does not start, see your dealer/retailer.
2. Remove the key from the ignition.
3. Insert and turn the new section (A) to ON/RUN within five seconds of removing the original key.
4. Turn the new section (A) to LOCK/OFF. Section (A) is now programmed.

To program a new section (B):
1. Turn the ignition to ON/RUN with the new section (A). The vehicle must be in PARK (P).
2. Select Remote Key from the personalization menu.
3. Select Program.
4. Press Q and W on the new section (B), at the same time, until you hear two beeps.
5. Repeat Step 4 for all other keys, including keys that require programming or ones previously programmed to the vehicle. Any key not reprogrammed will be erased.
6. Turn the ignition to LOCK/OFF.
7. Join sections (A) and (B) until they click. Do not join the two key sections until programming is complete.
Do not leave the key or device that disarms or deactivates the theft deterrent system in the vehicle

matty_d

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
I've tried that.
1. Start car with key that works.
2. Turn off, take out.
3. Within 5 seconds, out in new key and turn,to start.

It's weird, the 'new' key allows the car,to start straight away however it displays the 'engine immobilised' screen.... Then if you try to start with that key 10min later it doesn't allow it.

johnbob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega sportswagon
sorry to drag up an old thread. did you ever resolve this. strange I am having the exact same thing. surprised the car actually starts.

Micaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
9/17 SSV Redline & 83 VH SS
I upgraded to a HSV flip key on mine, the "key" part has the immobiliser chip in it. It needs to be programmed to car, there is a limit of 5 keys that can be programmed to the car.
Holden wanted 2 hrs & $120+ I've been taking my family's other cars to Ultra Tune, they charged me $45 & did it 15mins

johnbob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega sportswagon
great thanks. I thought a bit of programming would be the missing bit. Will look into ultra tune

Micaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
9/17 SSV Redline & 83 VH SS
great thanks. I thought a bit of programming would be the missing bit. Will look into ultra tune

Not sure where you are, the boys at Castle Hill are really good, can't say the same about Dural though :(