Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spare "surf" key for VF

Fozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi all, can i get a key cut to just lock/unlock the drivers door ? I need a solution for the VF when i go surfing.
I've read a few different opinions on surfing forums, some say you can others say you can't.
Your help would be appreciated.
Fozz

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
O.K. For us non-surfers, the problem being ??

try_again

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6 and VF SS Storm Sportwagon
I guess you mean get a key cut without the electronic fob? So you can get the key wet, but still use it to physically unlock the door to get to the main key you left locked safely inside.

Fozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Spot on Try Again :) yes sorry, should of explained a little better, i want to be able to lock my normal key inside the car and get a key only cut to wear around my neck when i'm in the water.
Cheers

Last edited:

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Can you take the battery out of a VF key fob ?

if so , do so and try to open lock,

if it works, get a spare key, take battery out and wear fob around neck :rockon:

Fozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Thanks Benjo, i've seen those keysafes and have contemplated getting one, but i'm not 100% convinced of how secure they are.

Fozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Can you take the battery out of a VF key fob ?

if so , do so and try to open lock,

if it works, get a spare key, take battery out and wear fob around neck :rockon:
I have thought of that, i did try locking the car (with the window down) then unlocking the door with the spare and the alarm went off :(

Last edited:

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hi

Have you heard of a product called an Aquapac? I use one strapped around my lower leg that holds my phone and keys when I am out on a pwc.

I have one from several years ago that is extremely heavy duty and has a strap on the top and the bottom that are about 4cm wide each and seem strong enough to use as a snatch strap. It even holds when you come off at 60mph so no problem whilst surfing.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Fozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi

Have you heard of a product called an Aquapac? I use one strapped around my lower leg that holds my phone and keys when I am out on a pwc.

I have one from several years ago that is extremely heavy duty and has a strap on the top and the bottom that are about 4cm wide each and seem strong enough to use as a snatch strap. It even holds when you come off at 60mph so no problem whilst surfing.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Thanks man, i have heard of the Aquapacs, trouble with surfing is having stuff strapped to your body is umcomfortable, i do a lot of kayaking and the Aqua pacs are awesome for that. I think if i cant get a key i'll go the keysafe route.
Thanks again though.