Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spare Time..... What to do with my car>???

T-MaKK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY Executive
have you thought about a sound system?

u can get something decent to start with for about 600...

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
Make sure it's legal to do so first because I know that in NSW and VIC (probably QLD too) ALL performance modifications are illegal for P platers. This includes the exhaust. Your car will be defected and your insurance will not cover it.

mm kk ill keep away from performance/mechanical mods ay thanks

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
post a pic of ya car mate that way if we see somethin we can say ohh do that blah blah lol

side strips should go though

haha ok tomo, cas its raining n dark right now, so tomo afternoon sometime ok lol its a boring vy exec, so not much to see anyways but i will

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
have you thought about a sound system?

u can get something decent to start with for about 600...

yeh, i was thinking about it, but im really not that fust about a good sound system, i might get a nice setup but not for a while, i might put a good head unit in for the time being

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
i removed my side strips in around 3 hours, Boiling water will loosen the glue, allowing you to pull them off, and i used a razor blade (extremely carefully,) and cut the sikaflex itself down to as much as i could, then just prepsoled the rest off. No damage done at all, but time over again, i reckon i would have left them on..

yeh thanks im thinking about doing it tomorow

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
Ok so you have asked for some pics, sorry if i stuff this up, but never posted photos before lol

I have taken a photo to show the scratches that are all around the centre dash,

i just gave her a big wash and vacum, came up very nice, very nice buy for 6 grand

you can also see that im half way through debadging, ive just gotta take the black junk off the boot and all will be sweet

their is also a nasty cigarette burn in drivers seat that im thinking about colouring in with a texta lol

damn previous owner didnt take much care of it but i guess thats why we got it cheaps,

mind saying it was alot worse of when we bought it

and yes yes i know, the tow bar is hidious, i want that gone!!!! lol can i do it?

Last edited:

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Doesn't the tow bar tongue come off, and there's a plastic flap that covers the hole? Don't take the whole thing off, it's worth more when you sell, plus it's handy should you ever need to tow something!

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I wouldn't get rid of the tow bar. I'd remove the ball. But keep the bar. If people try touch parking it damages their car more than yours then. Second or third day i had my car some P plater drove into the back of me at a red light. Not very fast because she had stopped orginally. No damage to mine, but my tow bar sure took care of that VP's front.

Definatly remove the trolley strips though. Looks shmick without them.

Then after all that i would be focusing on the paint work, espcially now heading into winter. Splurge a bit and get meguiars products then coat it in NXT Gen stuff. Including wax to protect the paint.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
Yeh im doing a wax and polish next weekend, my dads showing me how to do it properly,

ok ok im considering leaving the tow bar on from your advice, ill just remove the ball, as you guys recomended this i remembered what happened to my dad acouple of years ago with his vn(i think), he was on the harbour bridge and a taxi went up his back, my dads car was untouched, except small mark on bumper, im sure that dad said his tow bar broke his radiator and ruined his front bumper.

mmmm ill remove the strips soon i think

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
deffinetly trolley strips lol maybe even modify your grille?