Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spare Time..... What to do with my car>???

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
or just leave it for the track, i really dont think ill fit the hooning idiot p plater profile. Im not an experienced driver but i do think im mature enough to play out the risk ratio, i mean alot of friends around me have either been in accidents or lost their license, a kid that went to my school was in a coma, after racing with his best friend and wraping his beamer around a tree.

i know to much, not to spped or take risks for that matter

thats good to know youve learnt your leasson without doing anything to know what its like yourself...... so u going for a auto or manual licence?? id go manual, idid but i drive an automatic.. i got sick of shifting gears after some time.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
that great news mate, u might not be a future hoon, but doesnt mean the skid wont come in mind...its no good for an automatic gearbox anywayz

yeh true it will screw with my gearbox, but im sitting on a auto for my p's, i think a manual will encourage me to do these kinds of things,
either way doing skids and burnouts isnt to healthy for a manual or auto gearbox

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
thats good to know youve learnt your leasson without doing anything to know what its like yourself...... so u going for a auto or manual licence?? id go manual, idid but i drive an automatic.. i got sick of shifting gears after some time.

yeh auto license, i am kinda forced to do auto anyways, because my dad did have a say in the buying of this car as he needs to drive it till i get my p's, and he was just generally sick of shifting to like you.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
i would like to learn manual but i know for a fact i would get sick of it

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
i would like to learn manual but i know for a fact i would get sick of it

cool, saves doing kangaroo hops and stalls in your leassons :w00t:

you could change your dash lights colours if your allowed too.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
maybe a custom cluster face..

haha yeh damn kangaroo hops lol

mmm i was thinking about contacting that phreddy guy on jc, he does custom cluster lighting and all that doesnt he? that would be great because i think the green looks really seedy and dirty

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
haha yeh damn kangaroo hops lol

mmm i was thinking about contacting that phreddy guy on jc, he does custom cluster lighting and all that doesnt he? that would be great because i think the green looks really seedy and dirty

yeah bro :thumbsup:

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Get the morphing needles too. That probably won't help with the hoon factor as you'll want to see the needle change colours through the rev range but god it looks awesome.

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
Hey mate what about getting chrome buttons for your shifter and handbrake. Maybe the chrome spokes for the steering wheel too. Have a look at this guys interior to get an idea of what i mean: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-vz-wk-wl-v2/99315-my-2005-vz-calais.html#post1125040
Get the crack fixed.
Give it a good polish and wax.
Remove trolley strips.
Get rid of the executive badge.
Instead of getting a full exhaust done, how about just about getting the tip done.
Eventually lower it, nice rims, remove spoiler, all done. You will have a very schmick car by the end.

Last edited: