Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spare wheel doesn't seem to fit on hub

Tristan Cupit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 2005
Just tried to put my spare wheel on today, and it didn't seem to fit on the hub. I know the vz is supposed to fit a 6.0J or something, and the spare wheel is a 6.0J. I'm just not sure what the problem is, because it looks like it would fit, but it looks like the hub is too big for the wheel. Any ideas? If you need me to clarify, just ask.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Maybe put up some pictures of where it's fouling and which kind of spare wheel it is, the hub itself etc... Are you sure there's not a hubcentric spacer ring on the centre lip of the hub? Usually they are put in to fill the gap of the bigger centre bore that some aftermarket wheels have.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Probably has a plastic nylon spacer you will need to remove off the hub.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Could be one of three things....As mentioned, hub rings is one...2nd, wrong stud pattern and third, it might be a VE/VF wheel you are trying to put on, so it won't fit over the hub of the VF.

Tristan Cupit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 2005
Maybe put up some pictures of where it's fouling and which kind of spare wheel it is, the hub itself etc... Are you sure there's not a hubcentric spacer ring on the centre lip of the hub? Usually they are put in to fill the gap of the bigger centre bore that some aftermarket wheels have.
Ill put up some pictures this arvo, but I'll have a look for what it's fouling on and the ring.

Tristan Cupit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 2005
Could be one of three things....As mentioned, hub rings is one...2nd, wrong stud pattern and third, it might be a VE/VF wheel you are trying to put on, so it won't fit over the hub of the VF.
It looks old and rusty so I assume it's pre ve. Ill measure the stud pattern but I'm fairly sure it's commodore. Ill look for the ring but I'm not hopeful

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
It looks old and rusty so I assume it's pre ve. Ill measure the stud pattern but I'm fairly sure it's commodore. Ill look for the ring but I'm not hopeful

you will also have to measure the centre bore diametre....VE/VF have a smaller centre bore, when compared to VB through to VZ

Tristan Cupit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 2005
Thanks for all the help guys. Just seems I'm really dumb. There was a spacer on the hub and when I took it off it fit on nicely. Thanks again.