Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spare wheel sizes

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
All 4 wheels on my car are 19's and the spare is a 16 inch and I have found a 18 inch wheel and tire nd I need to know if the 18 with tire will fit in the boot space for it where the 16 is now? I know I could take a 19 off and see but its raining and I don't have a shed so thought I would ask before I buy it.. Thanks

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
What's wrong with your 16?? You're not gunna drive around for months on a spare are you?

Procedure: Get a flat. > Put on spare. > Drive to tyre shop. > Get new tyre.

I've driven a few hundred k's on a 15" spare with 17" mags when I got a flat in the country. My diff's still fine. I even asked a diff place about this and they told me it would be thousands and thousands of km before it started to affect it, if that's what you're worried about. Every time you turn a corner one wheel spins more than the other.......

Ps. I doubt it will fit, but it will come down to what profile the tyre is i.e. 245/45R18.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Was just looking for a wheel about the same size as the rest so if I get a flat on the rear I won't have to swap a from to rear and then put a spare on..

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Even though your running 19s and your spare is 16s you,ll find there probably within a bee,s dick of each other in re; to overall rolling circumference,agree with franklinfrog.If you still want the 18" spare ask them to measure the overall height and measure your wheel well

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
The bigger space saver spare in HSV's is 215/45x18 Pirrelli on a 18x8" wheel.
Check on ebay, see these quite often for sale as people fit full size spares.
If you put your normal 19's in the spare wheel well you'll find the cover will sit high.

dopey666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ss
My Vy ss has a full size 18" spare with standard 235/45 tyre on it and fits no problam in the boot where it belongs.. it was standard after all..