Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spark Cut / Misfire Rev limiter onto VR V6

jonathanvb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec L67 + T5
Anyone know if a spark cut rev limiter eg bee-r can be wired into a VR V6, just a little confusing with the DFI module, I suppose it could be done if I was to remove the coil packs from the DFI module then run a short length of wire (rev limiter could be wired in between?)

Reason I want to do this is that the car is entered in a local burnout comp and has come so close to winning but is just getting marked down on not enough noise, i've still got one muffler in the exhaust because these motors don't sound nice without one. So i'm hoping a loud rev limiter and hopefully a few flames out the exhaust will be enough

Any help with an easier way to wire this up or any other suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks, Jonathan

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
It won't work the way you think it will. Most of them are for launch control or anti lag on turbocharged . Your only option really is a straight pipe. Maybe a retune to get it to run a little richer I guess.

Mntvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Hi Jonathan I know this was a long time ago but do you recall how you made it work? I’m having a hard time figuring it out

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON