Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spark plugs smaller than origional ones

Connor john

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais
Basically the title says it all bought new spark plugs and the threads are like 10mm smaller o.o will try post a pic but dunno how. Just signed up. Frequent reader new member. Cant add it q.q. the ones in there say bosh super and the ones i bought are dual fuel ngk ones from supercheap (cheap ones)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So the NGK's are shorter reach? What part number is on the Bosch and what is the part number on the NGK?

Connor john

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais
20180926_213550.jpg
cant tell u part no untill tommorow finished with it for tonight put old one back in because i didnt know if the new ones would work the same

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
You need bpr6efs-15 If it's ecotec bpr6efs-13 If it's lpg or s/c

Connor john

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais
Are the old ones even worn? Or do they just need a clean. And yeah thanks kinda figured they were wrong hence why j didnt put them in xd. Whats s/c mean btw? Its dual fuel non factory fitted. V6 vt calais. Also how do i clean them if thats suitible? Its not hard on fuel btw its quite good. Just wanted to swap plugs. Idk why guess im stupid lolol

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If the car is running right the plugs should be burning clean regardless of fuel. Those plugs look ok and don't need cleaning.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
definitely change the plugs - you'll damage them trying to clean them. Prevention is better than cure, especially when it comes to duel fuel.