Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sparking battery

redroverv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon v6
hi my vs has had a few issues with battery and alternater, ie ; battery has been replaced with new one , alternater has had main batt wire burn out and i,ve replaced about 10 cm of wire . however the car sat for 3 days battery went completly dead down to about 9volts, after recharging went to put back into car lots of sparking at terminals is this normal ? NOT QUITE SURE IF ITS A SHORT OR some power drain

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
must be a good drain of power somewhere you will get a slight zap when connecting it but nothing major just the ecu backup power and stereo memory etc might be a short somewhere unplug the red off the alternator and see if it does it

redroverv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon v6
thanks for the reply i,ll try that in the morning .let yu now how it goes

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
if it doesnt help pull fuses till it stops and see what the fuse is for

redroverv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon v6
thanks for the advice, the replacement wire i put in had started to melt again .and appeared to be shorting out. i,ve now replaced it again with a peice of heavy batt cable so heres hoping thats done the trick . only thing is i think it may have stuffed the battery. appreciate your help