Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

speaker buzz help

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
hey i have a problem and cant seem to find anything to help fix it. i just bought a 4 channel amp and hooked up my speakers and now i have a constant buzz only comming from the mid range and tweeters. its always there, and i definately know that its not altenator whine because it happens even when the ignition is off. its like a certain frequency is always distorted sort of sound. someone please help!!!

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I have a similar problem with my computer speakers. To me it sounds like a earth fault. Check all your connections and make sure they are clean, ie haven't got any dirt in them giving a faulty connection, you could plug your amp into just some normal speakers outside of the car and test that the unit itself hasn't got a problem.

Could be a million things but I'm guessing a faulty connection somewhere. Maybe take it to a professional fitter and get them to do it; at least that way if there's any drama you have them to blame.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
yea i tested a comp speaker and it still distorts, and i changed the earth position today and it didnt help at all