Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

speaker buzz?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
hey i have a problem and cant seem to find anything to help fix it. i just bought a 4 channel amp and hooked up my speakers and now i have a constant buzz only comming from the mid range and tweeters. its always there, and i definately know that its not altenator whine because it happens even when the ignition is off. its like a certain frequency is always distorted sort of sound. someone please help!!!

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
yea ive tried changing the earth position, and everything, just cant figure it out. how much is an earth filter?

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
couldn't tell you mate, and i don't know if that is what there called, my mate had the same buzz, he put in a filter and it went away.

Acclaim96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
hey i have a problem and cant seem to find anything to help fix it. i just bought a 4 channel amp and hooked up my speakers and now i have a constant buzz only comming from the mid range and tweeters. its always there, and i definately know that its not altenator whine because it happens even when the ignition is off. its like a certain frequency is always distorted sort of sound. someone please help!!!

Yea mate i had the same problem too. Even b4 i put my 4 channel amp in my sub use to get a buzz aswell :S . I thought maybe try having the power wires on the opposit side of the speaker cables but i havent got around to trying it yet

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I like to blame noise problems on RCAs, so either check all the connections there or other sources of interference such as the power wire running close to the RCAs.

Does the buzzing get louder when you turn up the volume, or is it just constant?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
yea the noise does get louder as you crank it up, however its not as noticeable because of the fact that everything else is louder, so it just mingles in, just when its at a low listening level, say 1/3 or 1/2 volume, it just has this distortion hiss that buggs the **** out of me, especially listening to songs that have a clean guitar riff, thats when its the worse :(

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
and just wondering, i have tried to sepparate where the rca cables and the power cable do cross once right near the amp, but it didnt fix it, would that be any problem just crossing over once?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
hey i got a ground loop isolator, and it worked a bit, but another question, i have to split my rcas 3 times, i have one comming from the head unit, and then i split it so that i have 2 for my 4 channel amp and 1 for the sub, the question is: will the ground loop isolator be sufficiant to use before i split the rcas or do i need an individual ground loop isolator for each split i have created?