Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

speaker choice for a ve

lou1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve s2 sv6
vongy10 with the amp since its only gonna be driving the rears and subs one should be ok i think. and the main reason i wanted to get 2 8's is that it wont take up and boot space and the parcel shelf already had the holes for them.

ed are you using a amp for you fronts and rears? or just on the sub?

gonna check it out on the weekend . im not after something that will rattle my number plate just a good sound . and what do you guys think of the kicker brand.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
vongy10 with the amp since its only gonna be driving the rears and subs one should be ok i think. and the main reason i wanted to get 2 8's is that it wont take up and boot space and the parcel shelf already had the holes for them.

I don't understand where you got the idea that getting new speakers for the fronts and amping them is going to cause you to lose bluetooth, the rears come from the headunit too...

I've got new fronts and amped them, use bluetooth to play music %70 of the time I'm driving and can still make and take calls. One 12" won't take up much space, get slimline subs if you're worried about the huge boot space, I've also got a slimline kicker in my ve and it takes stuff all space.

lou1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve s2 sv6
oh it didnt get rid of your bluetooth carkit ? that just what ive read

lou1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve s2 sv6
Vongy10 could you post a pic of where you mounted the sub .

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Bluetooth is part of the IQ unit. I mounted my sub behind where the middle set flips down.

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
just on my sub mate, the splits after being upgraded from stock sound a treat without being amped, just gotta do tweeters now, best to change everything thats stock otherwise it will go from one thing to the other that is crackly/static

lou1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve s2 sv6
went to jb during lunch break all the subs they had were in their own box's and im not willing to loose that much boot space . for some stupid reason that store doesnt stocks sub alone without the enclosure. ill check a couple more on the weekend. depending on total costs i might have to leave the fronts for now and do them in a couple of weeks.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Mate just get fronts, a 4 channel amp and a 12" slimline sub.

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
I did the whole hog. New speakers front and rear, amped them. Subwoofer in the boot. I still use the bluetooth, no probs at all.