Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

speaker choice?

P

pongo

hey, i just got a vt commodore and am putting a new sound system in it. i am going to put 6" component speakers in the front (aprox. 85w RMS), two or three way 6" ( aprox.75w RMS) speakers in the back door, and a 12" (aprox. 200w RMS) sub in the boot......i have looked at brands such as pioneer, kenwood, alpine ect. i am not sure which brand to go with, i am going for quality not loundness. i am finding it hard making my choice, and i dont want to spend my money on the wrong brand!?!? any advise that anyone could give me would be so much help,
thanks
ryan

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
id stick 2 those brands u mentioned or even mtx is a way 2 go i got all pioneer gear in mine n i wanted the same as u more quality then sound n its doin me well i love it

danielsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SS 5.7/A4
i have 4x pionner 6" 2 way speakers in mine.... cant remember which model number they are but their the yellow cone ones and without modifying the door trim they fit by about 1mm.

i'ld suggest going to a few places and listening to the speakers they have on offer, as what suits your ears may not be the same as ours and our setups.

P

pongo

head unit

thanks heaps for that, i also am not sure which head unit to get, i want one with an aux input so i can play my ipod though it and one with three pre-outs so i can run some amps off it,i need a head unit which is easy to use and looks good, any ideas?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
pretty much do wat danielsan said go into the shops ask 4 those brands n tell them u want all those the aux n 3 pre out n they should give u options i found pioneer pretty easy 2 use not sure on others tho coz thats al ive eva used i couldnt imagine they would b 2 much different i guess its really just personal prefrence in the end

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
You might want to put the rear speakers in the parcel shelf and forget about the rear door speakers.

Better placement and better sound. The Rear shelf is built to accommodate 6 x 9 speakers

VT_Boi

VT Holden By Design
Reaction score
Website
www.sunshinecoastcommodores.net
Members Ride
VT Holden By Design
I have a full Alpine system in my VT and the clarity is extremely good. I have splits in the front and 6x9's in the rear shelf. I will be adding a 12" sub to the boot in the next couple of months.

Happy shopping and I am sure you will come up with the right combo for your tastes. :D