Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speaker for a 2008 VE SSV Ute

Heath17

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Hi All,

Just after some advice on speakers. I am looking to upgrade my current speaker in my ute. I am after a like for like swap over. However I am unsure as to what has to match up with my head unit in the car. I know the output of the speakers should always be more than that of the head unit.. What else do I need to know.

I was looking at a set of morel 6 1/2" component speakers off ebay. I dont need the biggest best system, just something that sounds a bit nicer than the stock speakers in the car.

Any insight or recommendations would help me greatly.

Cheers
Heath

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I strongly suggest getting a Line Output Converter and amping your new speakers. You'll regret it if you don't.

Heath17

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Hey mate, thanks for the info. What will a line output converter do? Will the amp just give it a bit more power and better sound?

Cheers

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Line output converter lets you connect an amp to the factory head unit. Amp will give it more power,sound better and be louder, bass will be punchier and you'll hear the mids and highs a lot clearer.