Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speaker Sizes In Vx Wagon

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
Can anybody tell me the size of all 6 speakers in the VX wagon? the 2 ont he dash, 2 in front doors and 2 at the back? I haven't ripped em up to see yet but if somebody knows this might give me an idea for when I am looking at buying some speakers.

thanks

R

Rajah

Well there are obviously the tweeters in the dash, I'm not sure on sizes but it would be either 4-6 inch in the front and the same in the back. In the wagon the rear speakers are in the rear doors, not in the cargo area like previous model wagons. Your best bet is to remove the door trims and have a look. We've had our wagon for about 18 months and the stereo is not too bad. At least it has a CD as standard.

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah but I wish Holden would ditch the crappy Eurovox stereos.. They sucketh. I'd pay the little bit extra if they fit say Sony or Alpine (which Ford has) as an option or standard.

R

Rajah

I must admit I think the stereo in my F*** is better than my wife's wagon. I'm not too sure what brand of speakers mine are though. I'll have to remove the door trims and have a look.

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah the speakers look to be easier to remove in my VX than the ones in my VR where i had to hacksaw them out with a hacksaw blade cause i couldn't swing the saw between the parcel shelf and the back window. Man that was a pain in the ass.

R

Rajah

I'd like to thank the guys at JB Hi-Fi who changed all my speakers in my VR those many years ago. I know squat about car stereos, so I always pay someone else to do it for me. We won't be touching the stereos in our cars this time. I'd rather spend more money on performance than the stereo.

D

dooma

Tweeters in dash, and the doors should be 6". I have 6 1/2"'s in no worries.

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
speakers are 2 1 1/2 tweeters dash
2 6" speakers front doors
2 6" speakers rear
unless you have the upgrade and there would be 2 6" rear doors

dont quote me on this but i think thats how it goes.

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah thanks for that. I had a feeling they were 6 inchers in the doors. I wasn't sure how big the ones in the dash were but that gives me an idea when i am going to upgrade the speakers.

My quest now is to find a stereo head unit that is a) good quality B ) compatable with the steering wheel controls or has a convertor and c) able to accept stacker input. It will be tough unless i wanna spend lots.

Drew

retro-tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
1963 EJ Special Wagon
You should be able to retain the standard tweeters if you dont intend purchasing splits. Just run the factory tweeter in parralel with the fronts and put a capacitor in series with the tweeter to form a high pass filter.

I have a VT II Exec, so there are no factory tweeters, but the mounts are there for them.
I'll just run some tweeters in parrallel to my fronts to help with imaging.

I have 6.5" Pioneers 3 ways in my front doors running off an amp. SOunds alright, but lacks a bit of imaging.

Standard speakers wont hack high powered aftermarket head units.
I seriously need to replace my rear door speakers.

Currently I have a double DIN sony with rear door speakers running off the head unit. 6.5" pioneer 3 ways up front and 12" sub running off a 4 channel amp. Sub woofer box tucks perfectly under the height of the cargo blind too.... Honestly, the box is flush against the rear seat and tucks under the cargo blind by a bees dick. I swear the sub box i have was made to fit the wagon!

CHeers