Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

speakers for sv6 ve ute

blacksv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
just wandering what size my speakers would be and if someone could recommend what sot to buy?
nothing too fancy just looking for something better then the originals.
thanks

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I advise against replacing them. When you say nothing too fancy, i take that as i don't want to spend too much. That's fine and there's nothing wrong with that.

Some things you should know.

Just replacing the speakers does not mean it will sound better.
Replacing the speakers with "better" speakers, does not mean it will sound better.

What ever speakers you install, will still be sent the same signal. Think crap in, crap out.

A better set of speakers would also benefit with external amplification. Add an amplifier, plus wiring kit to your budget. If that's too much then scrap the idea completely.

Speakers + amplifier - bad source of sound. You can use a signal proccesor to improve the sound quality being sent to the speakers. If that's too much then scrap the idea completely.

You can see where i'm going.

What is it you don't like about the sound at the moment? If i know in detail what it is that your un-happy with, then possibly i can suggest something. Just replacing the speakers because you un-happy with the "sound" will not get you anywhere.

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
I've put Alpine type R 6.5" splits up the front and a 4" Polk Centre Speaker. the quality is better but It's definately worth amplifing them and if you have the extra cash buying a signal processor as alot of people have told me the stock headunit can damage aftermarket speakers when the volume is above 20.

As my speakers are not amplified and they have a 4ohm resistance where as the stock speakers have a 2ohm resistance the volume needs to be quite high.

Pluse if your going for better sound dynamating the doors is definately worth it as mine rattle realy badly when the volume is up high and it sounds aweful.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Sorry, im unsure if i have a signal processor i upgraded my speakers added a sub and amp and the sound is alot better then stock but could deffinately be clearer. How much are these worth and could someone recommend one

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
What is your budget? Number 1 would be some new front speakers, a bit of sound deadening and disconnect the centre speaker (if your car has one)
Amplifier would make a world of difference, though it all depends on your budget. Its better to spend more and do something properly rather than spend a little and try to do too much with a limited budget. But basically, can't give you anymore advice without a budget. You can spend $40 on speakers or you could spend $5k on speakers.

blacksv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
Thanks Guys for your help. I'm prepared to spend a few hundred but no more then ay 400.
i don't want to be a door door but i want it to sound better then it does now.
you turn the volume up to 20 and then it just sounds crap.
I've done a car audio install myself a long time ago but that was in a datsun 120y so I'm a bit scared about my brand new ute and cutting wires here and there.
thanks