Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

speakers under seats

sambo2476

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz exec wagon
Im looking at doing a refit on the audio system in my vz wagon.
Im replacing all the door speakers and obviously amping it all up.but i was wondering if it was possible to mount a couple of subs under the rear seats i haven't really had a look but will see what the go is in the morning.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
probably wont fit unless you get the real flat subs, clarion make some im pretty sure

ViN3Y

V!N3Y
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
97 HSV Clubsport
mounting under the seats will be hard theres hardly any room at all maybe with a slight modification to the seat maybe cutting out a bit of the underside then again the constant bass would make for uncomfortable seating

sambo2476

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz exec wagon
Yeah thats a point. I might just mount the amps under the seat and make a enclosed box in the rear. I just dont want to narrow the boot much more because there is the Tyre back there and i want to be able to chuck a swag in

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Yeah thats a point. I might just mount the amps under the seat and make a enclosed box in the rear. I just dont want to narrow the boot much more because there is the Tyre back there and i want to be able to chuck a swag in

ahh just like me, lol

check out post #31 for pics
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-vz-wk-wl-v2/60035-barbados-blue-vz-wagon-2.html

this is how i set mine up, the amp is built into the back of the encolosure,

ive used and auxilary power connection (used in trailer wiring, battery chargers etc) then got and rca lead extension and a male and female connectors for the signal wire, the conduted the lot,

works great, can remove the complete sub assembly from the car without a screwdriver in 10 seconds, and its small enough to stick in the front seat if you get stuck and need the back of the car etc

schteven

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
jay car make a combined sum +amp for under seats cheap