Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speakers were working, now they're not.

dingdong555

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive
Hi there.

I've spent the last 2 days putting my stereo into my VZ commodore sedan, finished it all today. Turned on the car, the speakers ran perfect, however, the front right wasn't working, the cables were good so I disconnected the battery, looked at the head unit and one of the RCA's was the wrong way around, so I fixed it up, connected the battery again and now no speakers work at all. I've reversed what I've done, checked all wires (grounds etc...) and even changed the whole fuse, however, I'm still getting now sound at all.

Front: Alpine SPR-17s
Rear: SPR17c
Amp: MRP-F300
Using a 4 gauge amp kit with a 120amp fuse. It's not blown.

Any ideas!?!? As I said, it WAS working, until the battery was disconnected and now there's no sign of life.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
OK lets start with some basics. Are the amps on and not in protect mode? If all good than make sure that the H/U hasn't got fade or balance settings, set all to zero. Than get a test tone, anything over 100hz (1 frequency not a sweep), play it on repeat and check the amp side of the RCA with a multimeter, make sure it has voltage. If it does than check the settings on the amp. If it doesn't than the problem lies in the RCA or H/U.

Report back.

dingdong555

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive
Hey!

I've been testing some more, disconnected the battery, plugged in my ipod to the amp directly, reconencted the battery, put the car on acc and nothing, no light or anything on the amp, so I'm thinking it's the amp. Neither of the 25A amp fuses are gone, so I'm not sure how it worked for 5 minutes and not doesn't?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Did you check the in-line fuse on the power wire to the amp?

Did you plug the I-pod to the RCAs of the amp, because I wouldn't expect that to work since the I-pod would have a high level output. But if no lights are coming on the amp, than there is a problem, check the power fuse first though.